Beginners and Beyond

TGIFridailies! (Read 61 times)

Nice lunch run, SIAR. I like those runs because the snow makes a softer landing.

SIAR, how was the footing? Not sure where you live, but sounds like you're getting what we are; just trying to get an idea what to expect when I go out this evening. They are actually telling us to leave the office early because the roads are getting slippery. Hopefully that only applies to cars & not to feet, and they are just giving me some extra daylight to run in.

Code, I like your thinking, I should look at it as a benefit rather than a detriment.

Dave

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

feels like -25!!! Shocked  Where are you again, Just B.S.?  Gotta make sure I NEVER go there in winter!  Joking

Tim and Weezer, hope it warms up for you both!

The only good side is that I have less laundry to do as I run sans shirt when on the TM.  Well, shoot, if you're running at home on the TM, you could just run nekkid and have no laundry! Wink

Congrats, Angela, on the start of your habit!

I don't know. I'm nervous about it happening again.  You are normal, MtnBikerChk.  I'm the King of Rehab, lol, after 4 knee surgeries and a bilateral hernia surgery.  Doesn't matter.  Each time I was cleared to come back, I was still nervous about a recurrence, even though I'd been through it all before.  It's mostly mental.  You will settle in and realize you are okay and then will soon be your normal running self again.  Good luck!

Yeah, I'm with Damaris, 90 would be a cool-front in the summer for us.  Our normal hight temp at this time of year in San Antonio is 62 or so.  Right now it's already 73 and heading for a high of 79 - which is still pretty mild, compared to Damaris' temps in her area - I think Mother Nature is going a bit nutso down here.  With these temps already, I don't even wanna think about what our summer highs will be.  Last year we had 27 days in the summer (I think it was 27) that were over 100 degrees!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

SIAR, how was the footing? Not sure where you live, but sounds like you're getting what we are; just trying to get an idea what to expect when I go out this evening. They are actually telling us to leave the office early because the roads are getting slippery. Hopefully that only applies to cars & not to feet, and they are just giving me some extra daylight to run in.

Code, I like your thinking, I should look at it as a benefit rather than a detriment.

The footing wasn't bad at all.  I think it's actually a good reminder to keep my feet underneath me and to not over-stride.  The only parts where the traction is tricky is where the cars have driven...the freshly fallen snow grips surprisingly well.  I just had my Brooks Ghosts on too, not a trail shoe or anything.  My other favorite part is when you double back on portions of the route and can see all of your footfalls.  Oh, and I'm in Ohio and what we're getting is coming off the lake.

Code...You're right, it is pretty soft.  I'd equate the feel to running on a track.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

LRB

Hey runners.  I did 15.5 miles at easy pace over lunch. 

I'd have to take half the day off to run 15.5 miles during lunch lol!

@runjerseygirl

I'd have to take half the day off to run 15.5 miles during lunch lol!

+1.  I have barely enough time to fit 3 miles in during lunch!

Do you even run?

Luke79

I am just beside myself with anticipation.  My race is in the morning.  I am totally prepared, but I have never felt like this about a race before.  This is the first one I've done since I think October, so maybe it's "ring rust" or something.  Anyway, I'll let you guys know how it all goes down.  AHHHHHHH!!!

Chairman

Hey runners.  I did 15.5 miles at easy pace over lunch.  The temp was 15 when I started, and we had about an inch of fresh snow on the ground.  I'd say by the time I finished we got another 1.5"-2" more.  My water bottle froze by mile 7, which was a little annoying, but other than that the run was quiet and peaceful.

Props. Pretty sure the furthest I've run during a snow fall is 12, and from what I remember it really sucked ass. Wet and cold.

Coalition for a Free and Independent New Jersey

runmomto3boys

SIAR: A 15 mile nooner at that pace in the snow????  You are a freaking beast.  I don't know what you are doing that is making you run so well right now, but keep it up.  You are in incredible shape!!!!

Scotty: 73-79?  I just can't fathom that right now!

Luke: Best of luck to you in your race tomorrow!  I think it is so cute that you have butterflies!  You are going to do an incredible job.  I can't wait to hear all about it.  Report back ASAP afterwards, K?

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

+1.  I have barely enough time to fit 3 miles in during lunch!

Okay, during my LONG lunch, which took about 2:45, including 2:05 for the run and then driving to and from.

Luke...Just harness that excitement tomorrow.  We'll look forward to seeing how it goes.

Scrape...The only part that started to suck is when I opened the water bottle to get what liquid I could...then the lid wouldn't screw back on the because of the ice, and a good bit of water sloshed out on my glove while I was fidgeting with the bottle on the run.  That made for some numb fingers.

RMT3b...Thanks...I'm trying not to think about it or discuss it, lest I jinx something haha.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

runmomto3boys

I love Utah skiing. We've been twice. Never got a chance to ski the womens downhill at snowbasin though....have a great time!

Ortho said I'm good to go run. Although don't exactly feel like it. I don't know. I'm nervous about it happening again and going back on the dl for 6 months. Meh.

and I still have to use that freakin bone stimulator for two more months at night.

OMG!  So happy for you!!!  SO VERY HAPPY!  It has been so very long...

Just B.S.

I am just beside myself with anticipation.  My race is in the morning.  I am totally prepared, but I have never felt like this about a race before.  This is the first one I've done since I think October, so maybe it's "ring rust" or something.  Anyway, I'll let you guys know how it all goes down.  AHHHHHHH!!!

Best of luck tomorrow!!! I'm happy for you!

Docket_Rocket

good luck, Luke!

I cannot run at lunch.  Between my 30 minute lunch and the fact that I have to be in full makeup and suit in the afternoon, it does not work for me.  Plus I have that pesky sun and heat to contend with.  I wish I could run at lunch.  I would be able to add some miles to my mpw that way.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Snuck in a quick 3 miles on the treadmill, very easy pace of 10:00. Just getting things moving a bit on a cold, rainy day. We're expecting nice clear weather tomorrow so I'm inclined to go for a long run if it's nice enough.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

YAYpril - B-Plus

Good luck, Lukearoo!