Beginners and Beyond

A Penguin Cookie Thursday (Read 22 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

"Foxcatcher" stars Steve Carell as the eccentric John du Pont.  We aren't very current on Pop Culture either.

tracilynn

They nominate so many movies now that we would go broke watching them all 

~~~~~~~

Traci

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

They nominate so many movies now that we would go broke watching them all 

We ask for the senior citizen discount, bring our own water and energy bars.  

Hiya Penguins!

Thankfully, I missed the projected freezing rain this morning and got my single streak mile in before a very short strength workout. I setup this 10 week base building plan and have incorporated strength training into it. Monday I did my upper body workout and it still hurts to shampoo. I took it a little easier this morning on my legs - mainly because I ran out of time - and just did squats. Finished with some fun planks for my core. But at least it's better than nothing. I'll get better as I establish my routine.

Traci - I have the most vicious battles with my snooze button every morning. You'd think by now it wouldn't be so darn awful. My latest strategy was to change the alarm labels on my phone. The early one displays, "Yes you can!". If I wimp out and reset it, then I have to suffer through the "SLUG!" label. The final clincher is my mantra that usually shames me into getting up, "If I don't get up and do it now, it will be easier not to do it tomorrow." I swear, there's something wrong with me.

Just finished my salad for lunch, back to work. Now, where are the cookies?

Kathleen

2015 Goals:

Sub 30 5K

Sub 60 10K

From the Internet.

Hi pens!

Blech, one coffee was too much coffee. I haven't had any for weeks and now I feel super gross and nauseated. Possibly running a couple miles in a bit, or maybe not. Still haven't decided, I can't tell if getting the extra coffee-energy out will make me feel better or worse.

Kathleen - lol, I love your snooze alarm label idea! I might have to try something similar.

tracilynn

What?!? How can anyone not like coffee?

weeks without coffee?? Why???

pregnant?

~~~~~~~

Traci

Docket_Rocket

I don't like coffee either.  Oops.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Dang, now I want a cookie!

For me,  feels like....HOME!   4 miles at Fort Sam Houston yesterday evening.  A pleasant 59 degrees with just a tad of drizzle.  Then this morning, did one of my hill routes in a neighborhood across from one of the local YMCA's.   64 degrees and VERY humid...I LOVED it.  Shorts, singlet, up-and-down the hills, yeah baby, back home  and WARM again!   Also, I was pretty lazy this morning too...didn't go to bed until around midnite last night, then I went right out like a light.  Didn't even wake up until 9 a.m.!  Guess all the 'trip miles' finally caught up to me and I needed the rest.  Consequently, my run today was at 11 a.m.  Which was kinda nice, I was off,  most folks are back to work and the kids are back in school post-holiday, so I had very empty streets to run in, sweet.

way to get in the 5, PAD, and overcome the sore legs.

Did you even run, Damaris, after Pilates Lady working on your legs?

Jack and Traci, hope your miles went well if you got out there and did them.  Hope you did not get too muddy, Jack!  Traci, move your alarm ACROSS the room where you can't reach the snooze button.  Then you have to get up out of bed to turn the alarm off.  And now  you're up!

How was the movie, Jerry?  Like HsM, I never heard of that one.  I usually don't pay attention to the theaters anymore, just wait until the stuff comes out on my On Demand stations.  Dang theaters are getting so flippin' expensive!    Mainly cuz when I go to a theater I cannot resist getting the popcorn and the snack bar is where things really add up!

FRUIT Pizza, HsM?  WTH!!!  That has got to be against the law somewhere, "ruining" a good pizza!   Hope your chorus gig went great for you!

Queensboro Bridge at this time of year, sapf?  Wouldn't that be kinda really WINDY up on the bridge?  Well, if you did that, hope your run went safely!

Or, Ginny, you could get some x-training and run home carrying the Christmas tree.    Hope you found what you wanted!

Sorry about the cramps, obiebyke, hope you feel better.   As for me, I am off all this week, so I don't go back to the Orifice until Monday.

Congrats on keeping your streak alive, Kathleen, and getting your strength training in.

Lauren, just the SMELL of coffee is too much for me, stuff nauseates the hell outta me.  When Gail and I go shopping, etc, and she wants to go into Starbucks or Seattle Coffee or wherever, I just wait outside, I can't stand to go into those places.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

I did!  3 miles done.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I did!  3 miles done.

Way to overcome Pilates Lady!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Kept our streak going with 2.3 dark street miles. Hard to see the potholes on the side street, so we ran in a park and then a well lit main street where we were almost hit by a turning car.  Btw, Foxcatcher was not that great.

obiebyke

It's a fine line between I LOVE COFFEE and ohmanmystomach. I took some ibuprofen and HTFU. Tabata done.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

GinnyinPA

I love coffee too.  I have a very hard time on those rare occasions when I don't get any.  I get very grumpy.  DH is allergic, but unlike Scotty, doesn't mind the smell of it.  He usually makes coffee in the a.m. for me, since he is up earlier.

Six on the TM - a fartlek run.  And we got the Christmas decorating done.  Hurray.  It's supposed to rain the next few days, and I hate looking for a tree in the rain.  BTDT.