Beginners and Beyond

Fresh and Funky FRIDAILIES (Read 34 times)

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Why is it so dead in here today?  

Finishing an incredibly busy week, I was lucky find time to get out for a quick 4-mile run.  I decided to push it a little without looking at the watch, and finished really well, doing the last 2/3 mile at 6:28 pace (I turned on my Garmin after I turned  onto the street my office is located, and I wanted to measure the exact distance from that corner to my office - yes, I have problems ).  I am officially seriously beginning to think about doing speedwork now.  I pretty much never do it.  

Speed work is great, even if it's to break up the monotonous tone of Easy running.

To me it's about pushing the boundaries during training. I think it gives me a feel of the pace I could run during a race, especially something shorter like a 5k. I have to admit the majority of my speed work lately has been tempo running, because my plan is for a Marathon. I did do a bit of Intervals early on in the plan, but those have been phased out.

- Andrew

delicate flower

My feet are hot.

<3

happylily

Now that I've eaten everything in the house, I'm ready for a nap. Then I'll go run. Aww... The life when not having to work... 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

I did do a bit of Intervals early on in the plan, but those have been phased out.

Yeah for my next marathon (if I do not break into a million pieces that is) I will stick to my 5k specific training as my base, then ad lib accordingly.  All those tempo runs got on my nerve last fall.

StepbyStep-SH

Now that I've eaten everything in the house, I'm ready for a nap. Then I'll go run. Aww... The life when not having to work... 

That has been me the last two days. Constant hunger. Apparently my big week last week is catching up - I was hoping it would actually help me lose weight instead of making me so hungry I gain 5 pounds.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

outoftheblue

My feet are hot.

Does that mean it's Spring?

Life is good.

happylily

That has been me the last two days. Constant hunger. Apparently my big week last week is catching up - I was hoping it would actually help me lose weight instead of making me so hungry I gain 5 pounds.

It's maddening, isn't it? Not only is it constant eating, but I'm stuffing myself to the point where I feel discomfort from my extended stomach. It's like my body is scared of losing weight and sending a signal to eat eat eat... But I don't have enough room in my belly! Plus, I end up running on a full stomach, which isn't the best and I go to bed too full which leads to tossing and turning. sigh... Hey, btw, what should I eat tonight? 

13 miles done. 8:09 avg, including 5x800m @ 6%. And now I have stomach cramps.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

'Sup!

I am finally in after another long day, and looking forward to my run tomorrow where I might be able to run in normal running clothes.  Not bundled up like an engineer on an outpost in Siberia!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Not only did Rocky and I enjoy our 6.2 miler this morning, but this afternoon due to the BEAUTIFUL 58 degrees, Dorian, Rocky and I enjoyed a 3.25 mile walk Smile It was a very pleasant walk and now I am hungry.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Yo people.

Ran 8.2 miles after work, outside, IN SHORTS, BITCHES!!

Sorry I got a little excited there, it was 40 degrees. I went out planning on my usual easy 9:00ish pace, and when I looked at my watch after it beeped the first mile, it read 8:18. Slow down man! I did, but it was a struggle.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

12.35 miles on the bike.  Two cars almost hit me AT THE SAME TIME.  I was on the sidewalk when it happened.  Fuck Trump and his golf PGA tournament.  Sigh.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Hi dailies:

3.87 easy, outside in the not-cold.  The melting snow smelled like... victory.

Docket_Rocket

Hi dailies:

3.87 easy, outside in the not-cold.  The melting snow smelled like... victory.

Woot!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page