Beginners and Beyond

Flood me with some Mondailies. (Read 50 times)

LRB

I think my most favoritest Italian dish is tiramisu.

You can narrow your favorite Italian dish down to one?  Color me impressed!

Jess runs for bacon

I had tiramisu every day while in Italy.  I lost 4 lbs. during the trip, figure that one out.

I can't. I had the same thing happen to me, both times I went. I either had tiramisu or tartufo every day the last time.

Oski, fried polenta with the braciole...mmmmmmm

Jess runs for bacon

You can narrow your favorite Italian dish down to one?  Color me impressed!

Only because I have to go to Italy to get the good stuff. Don't get me wrong though, I ate my way through that country. Some faves:

-the most ridonkulously delish chicken club sandwich at Luna Hotel Baglioni in Venice

-seafood risotto, somewhere in venice

- a 10 plate appetizer fiesta in Roma, including some baked mussels, prosciutto, meatballs, frittata, and fresh mozzarella.

-the most sketchy looking and cheapest pizza in Naples, totally blew my mind when I ate it.

- cloud like gnocchi at Antica Pesa in Rome. They recently opened a restaurant in Brooklyn and I am dying to go.

LRB

Only because I have to go to Italy to get the good stuff. Don't get me wrong though, I ate my way through that country. Some faves:

-the most ridonkulously delish chicken club sandwich at Luna Hotel Baglioni in Venice

-seafood risotto, somewhere in venice

- a 10 plate appetizer fiesta in Roma, including some baked mussels, prosciutto, meatballs, frittata, and fresh mozzarella.

-the most sketchy looking and cheapest pizza in Naples, totally blew my mind when I ate it.

- cloud like gnocchi at Antica Pesa in Rome. They recently opened a restaurant in Brooklyn and I am dying to go.

That's mo' like it!

B-Plus, I'm glad that the conditions for your run were better than expected.

Y'all stop talking about food now! I kept thinking about lemon roasted chicken, a garden (from an actual garden, not the supermarket) salad and capellini with aglio e oglio.

I did push-ups and an eight-mile progression run on the TM in 1:14:27. Mile splits:

6.1mph (9:50)

6.2mph (9:40)

6.3mph (9:31)

6.4mph (9:22)

6.5mph (9:13)

6.6mph (9:05)

6.7mph (8:57)

6.8mph (8:49)

Jess runs for bacon

Wow nice work Basya.

Will run for scenery.

You guys are killin' me w/ the food!  Makes me wanna cry.

One of my faves was the frutti di mare pizza I had in Capri : it had an entire Octopus in the center w/ legs spread out to the edges.

There was a dumpy looking place in the outskirts of Rome that worked like a dimsum : they wheeled a little cart around and you pointed at whatever you wanted to try.  And every dish was marinated seafood.  I like seafood.

I lived for a while up in the Appenines of Abruzzo, so I ate a ton of grilled lamb, trout, nice heavy pastas like chitara and papardelle, and, well, damn near everything I laid my eyes on.

I asked an Italian how they could eat so much wonderful food and be so healthy (very few obese people there).  He told me : "Our ancestors were very poor.  We don't eat for ourselves, we eat for them."

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

Jess runs for bacon

You guys are killin' me w/ the food!  Makes me wanna cry.

One of my faves was the frutti di mare pizza I had in Capri : it had an entire Octopus in the center w/ legs spread out to the edges.

There was a dumpy looking place in the outskirts of Rome that worked like a dimsum : they wheeled a little cart around and you pointed at whatever you wanted to try.  And every dish was marinated seafood.  I like seafood.

I lived for a while up in the Appenines of Abruzzo, so I ate a ton of grilled lamb, trout, nice heavy pastas like chitara and papardelle, and, well, damn near everything I laid my eyes on.

I asked an Italian how they could eat so much wonderful food and be so healthy (very few obese people there).  He told me : "Our ancestors were very poor.  We don't eat for ourselves, we eat for them."

That's a great quote Smile Is Montepulciano made there? I drink that a lot.

Will run for scenery.

Well, Montepulciano normally is from Tuscanny.  But then there's Montepulciano d'Abruzzo which is is from Abruzzo.  Awesome wine, and at least it used to be cheap.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

Jess runs for bacon

Well, Montepulciano normally is from Tuscanny.  But then there's Montepulciano d'Abruzzo which is is from Abruzzo.  Awesome wine, and at least it used to be cheap.

That's it! It's not too bad here, I think I pay 11.99 a bottle? I'm guessing you got it cheaper though....

Hip Redux

The owners of this winery are family friends:  http://www.cantinecaggiano.it/eng/taurasi_wines.php

I have about 6 bottles of their red (I forget which) in my basement...   too bad I don't drink much wine anymore!

LRB

I have about 6 bottles of their red (I forget which) in my basement...   too bad I don't drink much wine anymore!

Well hellooooo mama!

Jess runs for bacon

The owners of this winery are family friends:  http://www.cantinecaggiano.it/eng/taurasi_wines.php

LRB and I could take them off your hands.

Hip Redux

LRB and I could take them off your hands.

When the Oski Ristorante is open for business, I'll be sure you two get first dibs!

LRB

When the Oski Ristorante is open for business, I'll be sure you two get first dibs!

I would like to open a spot someday as well.