Beginners and Beyond

Wednesday Penguin Alert : The Igloos Are Melting! (Read 27 times)

N-Bug

Will run for beer.

TODAY               TONIGHT           THURS              THURS NTE      FRIDAY               FRIDAY NTE      SATURDAY       

Rain/Sleet Likely Chance for Measurable Precipitation 60%Snow/Sleet Chance for Measurable Precipitation 80%Snow/Sleet Chance for Measurable Precipitation 80%Snow/Sleet Chance for Measurable Precipitation 90%Snow/Sleet Chance for Measurable Precipitation 90%Chance Snow Chance for Measurable Precipitation 50%Chance Snow Chance for Measurable Precipitation 30%

Rain/Sleet

Likely

And thus sums up the local weather forecast for the week!

...and that from the National Weather Service!

Singer who runs a smidge

It's supposed to hit 91 here today.  Shall I mail you some heat?  Big grin

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

N-Bug

Will run for beer.

PLEASE!!!!  Or, I may just move...

T-rod- Sorry about the toenails.  Are you sure it's from banging it, or is there a chance your shoes might have something to do with it?  I got horrible blood blisters on my second toe with Asics, a little callousing with Mizunos, and nothing but joy and happiness from my Sauconys.  So it may be about finding the toe box that's cut just right for you.

i think it was the running down hills and constantly kicking roots and rocks for almost 4 hours. my shoes have been good to me and my toes on the roads. damn trails, but I am eyeing two more trail runs already Smile

my new balance shoes killed my toes, my brooks have been good, my asics are ok.

my older sister and me.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

i can send some humidity

Tomas

Dad on the run.

i can send some humidity

Humidity, how I loathe thee. We can never have a hot day here in AL without the sweat sucking, life draining humidity!! I can walk outside and suddenly I feel like I should look like a prune from the amount of sweat dropping from my  body.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Humidity, how I loathe thee. We can never have a hot day here in AL without the sweat sucking, life draining humidity!! I can walk outside and suddenly I feel like I should look like a prune from the amount of sweat dropping from my  body.

we were getting ready for school/work this am and my son says. "daddy you are still sweating after your shower." I reply, "I know its cool huh?" "Yeah but you are going to stink." and he smiles. So I gave the boy a big sweaty huh and told him I loved him. Smile

I grew  up in basically a desert environment and now i live in this humidity mess.

Tomas

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I started my run/walk a little after  4 PM yesterday, and it was ALL hills, except for the very beginning and my last 1/4 mile finishing.  I should have waited until about 6 PM...cuz while I was out there, the San Antonio temp hit 89 degrees, and I sure did feel it!   It did not help, either, that we had storms 'threatening' and the humidity was nearly 90%.  Gaaack, I have to get my 'heat acclimatization' back!   I"ve been doing fairly well these past few weeks in our upper 70s and lower 80s, but this near-90 temp really whacked me a bit since we haven't gotten that high since last summer!  I did a bit more walking than I had planned, but did run all the uphills.  Thankfully, since I was near the Zoo and Trinity University for my chosen route, there were lots of buildings open where I could take advantage of the water fountains - which I did a couple of times, with this darn heat.   I ended up with 3.8 miles at a very slow pace, about 11:20 per mile.

Congrats on your run, Gustav.  I WISH is had been 81 degree for me yesterday!  I bet Damaris would love that temp too!

Damaris, glad the rib is feeling good!  Good luck with your miles and workout today.

Happy workout today, Jerry.  Will read your report soon.

Good luck with the 5 - 7 miles, Mitch!  I mowed my lawn Monday cuz we were supposed to get so much rain on Tuesday...and we did not get any!  Stupid weather man.

Happy  5 miles, Margo!

Safe travel for your conference, Vance!  SNOW!  Dang, are you ever going to see Spring?

Gee, Jimmy...11:15 per mile IS pretty speedy for me...  Joking....sorry about the family dispute.  Good luck with the hill work.  AFM, I personally hate doing hill repeats, bores me do death doing that up-and-down, up-and-down on the same hill; so my chosen hill work is doing a route that has lots and lots of hills on it of varying size.  For example, I did hills yesterday and my 3.8 miles had SEVEN hills on it,  of varying size, from two REALLY steep and long hills, to some others a bit less steep, but gradually rising all the time for quite a ways.  Maybe you can work out a hill route or two in your area for you.

Safe trip, HsM, and good luck with the competition!

Good luck with your busy week, Jack!  Hope you can get your miles in.  Maybe run at 3:30 in the morning?  Wink

Yeah, Tomas, definitely some weird weather patterns going on in Texas, lol.  You and I are getting heat waves like crazy and up in the Panhandle around Amarillo and Lubbock way, they are looking at a cold front with possible snow, sheesh. Crazy.  Congrats on your miles.  Hope the toe heals up!   You know, I have never lost a toenail  via a running-related cause in nearly 30 years of running.  Guess I have 'lucky feet', lol.

Sounds like a long workday for you, Zelanie.  Hope your hip behaves for your miles!

OK, posting this now...see who I missed...

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Dad on the run.

Looking good Thomas (yes, I'm comfortable enough with my sexuality to say another guy looks good, get over it), you've lost so much weight man. Very impressive. Keep up the awesome job.

i think it was the running down hills and constantly kicking roots and rocks for almost 4 hours. my shoes have been good to me and my toes on the roads. damn trails, but I am eyeing two more trail runs already Smile

my new balance shoes killed my toes, my brooks have been good, my asics are ok.

my older sister and me.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Yeah, Tomas, definitely some weird weather patterns going on in Texas, lol.  You and I are getting heat waves like crazy and up in the Panhandle around Amarillo and Lubbock way, they are looking at a cold front with possible snow, sheesh. Crazy.  Congrats on your miles.  Hope the toe heals up!   You know, I have never lost a toenail  via a running-related cause in nearly 30 years of running.  Guess I have 'lucky feet', lol.

I may go visit my folks in lubbock just to get some cool weather Smile

Tomas

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Here is our 10-day forecast for San Antonio, Vance.  Damaris would probably love to have some of these temps, as her area gets even warmer than San Antonio does!

Gaack, 94 on next Tuesday!  That is a running day for me.  Methinks I might run that morning instead of after work that day..

Today Apr 10

Partly Cloudy / Wind

72°F

49°F

Partly Cloudy / Wind

<dl><dt>Chance of rain:</dt><dd>20%</dd></dl><dl><dt>Wind:</dt><dd>N at 28 mph</dd></dl>

Thu Apr 11

Partly Cloudy

76°

48°

Partly Cloudy

<dl><dt>Chance of rain:</dt><dd>0%</dd></dl><dl><dt>Wind:</dt><dd>NE at 12 mph</dd></dl>

Fri Apr 12

Mostly Sunny

83°

53°

Mostly Sunny

<dl><dt>Chance of rain:</dt><dd>10%</dd></dl><dl><dt>Wind:</dt><dd>E at 12 mph</dd></dl>

Sat Apr 13

Partly Cloudy

82°

58°

Partly Cloudy

<dl><dt>Chance of rain:</dt><dd>10%</dd></dl><dl><dt>Wind:</dt><dd>ESE at 13 mph</dd></dl>

Details

Sun Apr 14

Partly Cloudy

84°

66°

Partly Cloudy

<dl><dt>Chance of rain:</dt><dd>10%</dd></dl><dl><dt>Wind:</dt><dd>SSE at 8 mph</dd></dl>

Details

Mon Apr 15

AM Clouds / PM Sun

90°

68°

AM Clouds / PM Sun

<dl><dt>Chance of rain:</dt><dd>0%</dd></dl><dl><dt>Wind:</dt><dd>SSE at 11 mph</dd></dl>

Tue Apr 16

Mostly Sunny

94°

67°

Mostly Sunny

<dl><dt>Chance of rain:</dt><dd>20%</dd></dl><dl><dt>Wind:</dt><dd>SSE at 11 mph</dd></dl>

Wed Apr 17

Partly Cloudy

87°

59°

Partly Cloudy

<dl><dt>Chance of rain:</dt><dd>10%</dd></dl><dl><dt>Wind:</dt><dd>NE at 11 mph</dd></dl>

Thu Apr 18

Sunny

82°

58°

Sunny

<dl><dt>Chance of rain:</dt><dd>0%</dd></dl><dl><dt>Wind:</dt><dd>NE at 13 mph</dd></dl>

Fri Apr 19

Partly Cloudy

84°

63°

Partly Cloudy

<dl><dt>Chance of rain:</dt><dd>10%</dd></dl><dl><dt>Wind:</dt><dd>ESE at 10 mph</dd></dl>

Looking good Thomas (yes, I'm comfortable enough with my sexuality to say another guy looks good, get over it), you've lost so much weight man. Very impressive. Keep up the awesome job.

thanks man...i think my scale is taunting me. tells me I still weigh between 265-270 lbs. sheesh. but oh well it is what it is. clothes keep fitting better so thats cool.

Tomas

N-Bug

Will run for beer.

@Scottydog...

Seriously, I'd be willing to move!  LOL

hog4life

If yall want to move south, then come on. I would like to move more north, I hate the summer heat. Just saying....

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

If yall want to move south, then come on. I would like to move more north, I hate the summer heat. Just saying....

Well, I would not mind moving North either...as long as it's NORTH Hawaii.... Big grin

Where IS that darn winning lottery ticket of mine?  Joking