Beginners and Beyond

Winter Running Contest Week 2.5 (Read 236 times)

kettledrum

I slid back to the middle of the windchill pack after getting a whole 1.5 points for last week, but I'm not complaining about the very warm weather for December here in Indy.  Normally I would rest today but I just had to go out and run tonight at 7 PM after I got home from work as it was still 66 out. 

not lazy, just tired

I got 26 points on Saturday for feels like 17° and snow; yesterday I got 4 points for a slightly longer run. New England weather at its finest.

Not if it makes sense.

tundrasusie

What's going on actually is that normally the ice cap holds the cold in place.  Now, since the dramatic melting of the cap in the last few years we don't get the same firm grip on the jet stream as we did before.  Thus some areas are dramatically warmer and others are dramatically cooler.  All signatures of major climate change

I mean say what you will but anyway you slice it the climate of our planet has changed dramatically.

I work for NOAA in Climate Change Smile  

Hipfan

Proud Calgarian

What's going on actually is that normally the ice cap holds the cold in place.  Now, since the dramatic melting of the cap in the last few years we don't get the same firm grip on the jet stream as we did before.  Thus some areas are dramatically warmer and others are dramatically cooler.  All signatures of major climate change

I mean say what you will but anyway you slice it the climate of our planet has changed dramatically.

I work for NOAA in Climate Change Smile  

<sigh> So of course Calgary has fallen into the "dramatically cooler" area? Damn, another weekend where our daytime highs will be single digits!

2015 Goals and PRs:

5k - 17:59 (18:05);  10k - 35:59 (36:42);   HM - 1:19:19 (1:19:59);   FM - 2:49:59 (3:05:46)

tundrasusie

<sigh> So of course Calgary has fallen into the "dramatically cooler" area? Damn, another weekend where our daytime highs will be single digits!

It is miserable here.  The particulates are up due to the inversion layer.  So its not healthy to be outside Sad  Then you add in -40 degrees and its just sadness all around.

Group run is tomorrow night, I usually call it quits if its -35 or colder.  I hope it warms up.  The forecast out of our office today is not looking like that is going to happen though.  We most likely will be adding in winds which will make it even worse!

sugnim

12th place & no snow in sight.  Here's to a brown Christmas.  Ugh.