Beginners and Beyond

MonDAILIES will succeed where all others have failed (Read 45 times)

LRB

The '12 trials were also what put Houston on my radar.  The lottery is in June if anyone is interested.

Docket_Rocket

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

meaghansketch

The '12 trials were also what put Houston on my radar.  The lottery is in June if anyone is interested.

FWIW there is also early automatic entry through the end of May for times faster than:

Marathon Half Marathon 10K
        4:00:00 1:52:55 0:51:08

... not that I've been researching this.

Nope, not me.

LRB

FWIW there is also early automatic entry through the end of May for times faster than:

Nope, not me.

Wow, I did not know that.  That is good to know, thanks!

Zelanie

Back from the dentist and even managed to sneak a 6 mile run in afterwards.

It turns out that not only is my dentist a runner, but he is more than happy to have nerdy, in-depth conversations about running.  So I got to hear his Boston stories as he drilled, plus we got to talk the pros and cons of different training plans, races, race-day nutrition, running surfaces, etc.  I was definitely ready to go for a run, numb face and all, by the time I was out of the chair.

outoftheblue

Back from the dentist and even managed to sneak a 6 mile run in afterwards.

It turns out that not only is my dentist a runner, but he is more than happy to have nerdy, in-depth conversations about running.  So I got to hear his Boston stories as he drilled, plus we got to talk the pros and cons of different training plans, races, race-day nutrition, running surfaces, etc.  I was definitely ready to go for a run, numb face and all, by the time I was out of the chair.

That's awesome.  You don't run into many people (outside this forum) who do nerdy running speak.  Even close family members don't want to hear any more about my training.

Life is good.

Zelanie

That's awesome.  You don't run into many people (outside this forum) who do nerdy running speak.  Even close family members don't want to hear any more about my training.

Yeah, I realized that not many people in my running club, even if they're way faster than me, go to the same nerdy level that I do.  And apparently also my dentist. Smile  He's in the same running club, but he runs with the fast AM people.

LRB

When I come across someone who wants to talk running, it's like finding a long lost friend!

StepbyStep-SH

Nope, not me.

It also puts you in the first wave. They don't break the corrals down as much as some do, so being in the first wave is helpful. Especially when the half-marathoners and marathoners merge about a mile in (they start on parallel streets).

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

LRB

The thought of running Houston makes me smile.

Hi dailies, 10.44 comfortably brisk miles in good weather, 50 and overcast.  Working on getting back to a normal routine after a few unorthodox weeks.

Any thoughts on what to do for the next 26 days if they are 1) not part of a marathon cycle, and 2) leading up to a HM attempt of sub 1:19?  I'm guessing lots of tempo stuff and no LR greater than 18.

StepbyStep-SH

Jay - I'm sure much wiser people than me can offer suggestions, but given your recent exploits, my thoughts would be first be sure you are well-recovered. Then work back into 5k pace or other faster intervals. The endurance and stamina is not a problem for you coming off the marathon plan - now is the time to wake back up the speed before your half.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

B-Plus

6 point something.