Beginners and Beyond

Do you untie your running shoes before you take them off? (Read 345 times)

delicate flower

Maybe we should start on a thread on whether or not you tie your shorts.  (for the record, I do) 

<3

xor

And one decision to click on a thread and then type in a response complaining about people wasting their time clicking on a thread and typing in a response.

Something you yourself have never done.

Which, btw, what I wrote and your interpretation thereof?  Different.  You made it into an asshole-ism, which was not my intention.  I did not complain (I observed and was surprised), I did not say that people wasted their time (you completely made that up).

You freakishly over-read what I wrote.  Surprise.

Coastal

I untie my running shoes, but kick off my work shoes....

When I used to use both eyelets at the top of the shoe I couldn't kick them off without applying an awful lot of force.  Now that I use just one eyelet I think i could pretty easily if I wanted to.  And I have very high arches.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

FWIW I always untie mine before taking them off. I find it easier to get them off and I'd have to untie them anyway to get them back on.

I read the thread mainly to see what kinds of remarks people would make. They aren't quite as entertaining as those in the "How should I breathe?" threads.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Here's some excitement for you-  my shoes don't have laces!  They're stretchy.  I slip them on.  I slip them off.  That's it.

"...You have to have faith, to know that you can do what you want to do."  -Joseph Nzau

kitteh

I dont....

I have a habit of not untying any of my shoes before I take them off, even though I then untie them to put them away in their boxes

Wait... You put them back in their box after you run? Like, the original box they came in? LOL.

Running for two!

Pre-Preggo PRs--5k 23:00, 10k 49:07, HM 1:57:40

Post-Preggo PRs--5k TBD, 10k 54:45, HM 2:28:05

Every time.

I tie my shoes too tight to slip off, so I have to untie them.

dog person

Sometimes I'll untie one, but not the other.

Kristian

xor

I did not untie my shoes after today's marathon.  It would have been a waste of time.

happylily

I like to untie them, because it's much better for the shoes (it's one of those things that I just KNOW I'm right about and no one is going to convince me otherwise. Big grin). But I also double-knot and sometimes, I have a hard time undoing the double-knot, like after today's LR. So rather than just collapsing with my head down because I'm dizzy and exhausted, I just pull the shoe off untied. And I feel guilty about it. That said, I'm not OCD like some here who like to put their shoes back in the box (I won't name names Big grin), I throw the shoes on top of a huge pile of other shoes, in the garage. They are all my shoes of the moment, different colors, different models, so that I don't get mixed up. I used to be very organized, but now, I don't have time for all that useless trouble.

But... like SRL hinted at (or not), it really is sort of useless info. I feel silly now that I wasted my time writing this, and I'm laughing at the idea that some people will actually read it. Big grin

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

skygazer

I always untie my shoes, if they are not already untied, before I put them on.

I found my shoes sometimes are untied, other times are not before putting them on. So i guess sometimes I do untie them before taking them off and sometime I don't.