Beginners and Beyond

Heart Rate Monitor shipping story (Read 53 times)

fourouta5

Healed Hammy

Just a quick fly by on this one.  Yesterday for my birthday I ordered a Garmin heart rate monitor from Heartratemonitorsusa.  They had reasonable prices and with Amazon it was free shipping.  So today I get the notice the item is shipped and delivery is expected by Friday.

Like all curious buyers, I clicked on the tracking link cause I am a nerd.  Turns out the product was shipped from a warehouse that is less than 10 minutes from my office to a central location in MD to then be shipped back to my house.  I realize this is streamlined ordering, but how funny is it that the product was literally in my back yard to start with.

Boy internet retailing sure has changed the retail landscape.

LRB

Indeed, the internet brings the retail world to your front door.  Something the politicians here have taken notice of and have attempted to collect taxes on, of course!

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Indeed, the internet brings the retail world to your front door.  Something the politicians here have taken notice of and have attempted to collect taxes on, of course!

Yep, to my chagrin. We have an Amazon warehouse 70 miles north of here.

- Andrew

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Hope you didn't pay for overnight shipping.

onemile

I just got myself one for my birthday too. The 620. What'd ya get?

fourouta5

Healed Hammy

I got the premium heart rate monitor with strap.

Just thought of a different story.  Needed new contacts, search the web and find what I consider the best deal.  Order a years supply.  Two days later I walk to the pizza store for lunch that is 800' from my office.  Lo and behold the online merchant that sold me the contacts has a storefront next door.  Seriously he was a 3 min walk away.  And stranger yet they could not sell me the contacts from their store at the same price they had on the internet.  Some sort of mass purchase/fulfillment deal they had.