Beginners and Beyond

Thirsty for the Weekend, but its Thursday Penguins (Read 23 times)

Sloooow.

I did a very slow easy 2.1 miles. Plus side, my legs felt great! My body is just so weak and crappy feeling. I'm feeling very sad looking at my running log lately, it's pitiful. Every night for the past week I have been doing 50 kettlebell swings and planks before bed. I find it hard to separate "I'm sick I shouldn't be doing anything" from "I'm fat and lazy for not doing anything".

Tomas, somehow I missed your post while I was scrolling the other day... I saved my congratulations for today! I hope you have a jogging stroller Smile

Traci, I saw your pic on FB, you look amazing. It looks like a beautiful place to kayak too.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I did a very slow easy 2.1 miles. Plus side, my legs felt great! My body is just so weak and crappy feeling. I'm feeling very sad looking at my running log lately, it's pitiful. Every night for the past week I have been doing 50 kettlebell swings and planks before bed. I find it hard to separate "I'm sick I shouldn't be doing anything" from "I'm fat and lazy for not doing anything".

Tomas, somehow I missed your post while I was scrolling the other day... I saved my congratulations for today! I hope you have a jogging stroller Smile

Traci, I saw your pic on FB, you look amazing. It looks like a beautiful place to kayak too.

Bummer, I can't find the kayak photo on FB... Cry

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks

i actually have 2, but I would gladly trade them for a 2 seat jog stroller/ bike trailer.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

So I got out the door to run.....and realized running is really hard if I am so sore I could barely walk today. UGH. I did a geriatric style shuffle-jog-run-walk type thing for 2 miles and change. That took me THIRTY SIX MINUTES!! Hoping it got the blood flowing for recovery. Bengay time.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

So I got out the door to run.....and realized running is really hard if I am so sore I could barely walk today. UGH. I did a geriatric style shuffle-jog-run-walk type thing for 2 miles and change. That took me THIRTY SIX MINUTES!! Hoping it got the blood flowing for recovery. Bengay time.

You are doing a run wizard program right? Is getting that sore normal?

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

Bin Running

Very slow jog does helps in recovery.. Why are you sore?

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar