Beginners and Beyond

What is your running shoe brand of choice? (Read 85 times)

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Asics is my preference and what I've worn most, but currently I wear Saucony. I find Adidas too stiff and Mizunos seem to have the arch pad in the wrong place for me.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

onemile

Saucony Mirage is my current favorite.  Brooks Adrenaline let me run a lot of miles.  I haven't found an Asics or Mizuno I could run in.  And Nike has been hit and miss.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Damaris

No special loyalty to any one brand.  If the shoe fits....

However, I will not wear Nike.

Mmmmm...beer

I kind of fell into Saucony, not for any particular reason, but I do really like them and now I'm afraid to try anything else.  If it ain't broke, don't fix it, right?  Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

GinnyinPA

It's hard for me to find wide sized women's shoes.  My local running store usually has none.  There is a store in a town about an hour away that had two brands in wide:  Brooks Adrenaline and Asics (2071, 2000 and 1000). So far I've done well in the two Asics that I tried and the Adrenalines.  I loved the 2071's but they don't make them any more.

bluerun

Super B****

I voted Brooks, even though I think most of my shoes are either Brooks or Mizuno… because the PureConnects are my favorite shoe ever, and if I had to choose one shoe to wear over all others, that would be it.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

RSX

New Balance has wider sizes and there are outlet stores in my area. I have probably been wearing them for 15+ years and no other brands since. Their clothing is great also for price etc.

Brooks, because they felt best of the ten or so pairs I tried on the first time I went into my LRS.  Doesn't hurt that Defyance rather suits my personality..

workinprogress11

Brooks Adrenaline GTS 11 was my favorite.  I bought as many pairs as I could find when they were going out of stock.  I've tried the 12s and 13s and they haven't really worked for me.  I'm now in the new Transcends and they seem to be doing all right so far.

I have the knees of a 90 year old so I'm considering giving Hokas a try as I've heard they are cushioned within an inch of their life.

From the Internet.

Not exclusively, but I'm mostly in Asics now. They fit my feet the best and I can easily find them discounted.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I voted Asics because the Kayano 20s are fantastic. But I do t have brand loyalty. I also have Mizunos and Sauconys.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Brooks Adrenaline GTS 11 was my favorite.  I bought as many pairs as I could find when they were going out of stock.  I've tried the 12s and 13s and they haven't really worked for me.  I'm now in the new Transcends and they seem to be doing all right so far.

I have the knees of a 90 year old so I'm considering giving Hokas a try as I've heard they are cushioned within an inch of their life.

I've heard wearing Hokas is like running in a bounce house filled with marshmallow fluff.

or wearing Soccer Boppers on your feet...