Beginners and Beyond

Disney RR - Goofy, FE, pics (fixed!!!) Seriously, settle in with a drink. (Read 385 times)

Just B.S.

Mary, loved your report and your pics. You looked so great!!!

Glad the foot help up for you!

You ran a race series, had a wonderful getaway and did it all with your hubby!

Nothing could be better in my books!

Ms Chenandler Bong

Awesome RR Mary, spoken like a true Disney aficionado.  It was special to meet you and Brett on Sat night, my very first FE as part of my very first Marathon (my RR will be later).  Thanks for eating all the bread (both orders), I was seriously carb deficient on Sunday and that surely cost me several minutes of time!

I am happy for you both that you got to spend quality time away from the kids.  Everyone here should have a Mary and Brett as their friends, the world would be way better off as you both are super nice.  Tell Brett thanks for the salt tip, I used that on Sunday several times to help retain water - wonder if he did not and that contributed to his cramps.

Shame we didn't get to meet in the pre-race area, I was in Coral B near the middle with Amik and her DH (which btw Amik is no longer a bush virgin also, hehe).  I have one question: WTF is Brett wearing long sleves in a 70 deg/100% humidity marathon -- doesn't he know how to dress himself?

It was a great weekend, the second/third largest running event in the world and Disney does it best.  Hopefully Brett managed to get the Biofreeze in the right places so it didn't mess up the rest of your time together.Smile

You are very kind!  Brett always runs in long sleeves, I'm not sure why.  No matter the weather.  This past summer he ran 2 legs of a relay in 95* heat wearing a cow costume.  But I love him!

Looking forward to reading your RR!

Marathon and ultra marathon runner.  Sour Patch Kid addict.

Ms Chenandler Bong

Ah! Now I can see! Mary, you look so beautiful in all of your pictures... and those outfits are sooo cute! I'm so glad you got to meet Damaris, so much fun you must have had together,and a romantic getaway with your DH is priceless. But sex and Mickey mixed together? I don't know about that... Big grin

Now, Lily, we are both women and know that sometimes to get things we want, we have to be willing to give.  I did haul that man all over the Mouse House!

Marathon and ultra marathon runner.  Sour Patch Kid addict.

Docket_Rocket

Move him to Miami.  He'll ditch the long sleeves in 2 days.

You are very kind!  Brett always runs in long sleeves, I'm not sure why.  No matter the weather.  This past summer he ran 2 legs of a relay in 95* heat wearing a cow costume.  But I love him!

Looking forward to reading your RR!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

bobruns

Awwwww....looks like you had a great time.  I love the pictures and your outfits were great!  It was hot and humid that last weekend!  I was there on Friday for a meeting and felt so bad for all you runners prepping for those races.  I'm glad you had a nice time.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Great job!  You were definitely appropriately attired for the event Smile  Those were some interesting PF treatments you described.  It's something I've battled too but have never really done anything for it, so it's nice to see there are some options in a pinch.  It was nice to see you and Damaris enjoying the half together, and the full with Brett sounded great too.  You're "was it worth" it gave some interesting perspective too!

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

What a great report and great photos!  Congrats on your three races and all the swag!  Congrats to your DH too!

Wow, stopping for a beer and margarita right before you finish a marathon, impressive!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Supersono99

I can't believe your hubby ran in long sleeves! In FL, no beer sales on Sundays until after noon, I felt bad for your hubby reading about that part! You guys look adorable, congrats, again. I'm so glad your foot cooperated.

Docket_Rocket

In Miami, I can buy beer any time I want even before noon on Sundays.  It must be by county.

I can't believe your hubby ran in long sleeves! In FL, no beer sales on Sundays until after noon, I felt bad for your hubby reading about that part! You guys look adorable, congrats, again. I'm so glad your foot cooperated.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Glad you had a great time...

Supersono99

In Miami, I can buy beer any time I want even before noon on Sundays.  It must be by county.

Never realized that. I thought it was our whole state. Figures Miami would not have that limit. People stand near the beer case on Sundays waiting for the clock to change so they can get home in time for football with beer.

MTA: I can't even find the new time for my county. It used to be 1pm but now it's noon or 11am. I always thought it was statewide.

Docket_Rocket

Then how in the world can you head to the beach if you don't stop at the supermarket, doh. Wink

Damaris

Fundraising Page