Beginners and Beyond

Shot my first race..Link to Pics are now included (Read 113 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I had to take my little man with me to the Get Dirty Mud Run (4 miles) this morning, he did really well for an hour and I got some really good shots, even for being a spur of the moment and no planning. Once he lost his pacifier he was done with it, so I decided it would be a good idea to leave before he went into a fit of rage. I can honestly say it is tough trying to capture shots at a race when you have a little one in a stroller, especially a trail race where part of it goes into the woods.

Here is the link to my website with a few of the pics, I'd say the best of them. I'll post all on my photography page on FB and paste that link to here if you want to see a lot more of the pictures. Watching them made me want to be out there, it looked like a lot of fun and craziness, and mud.

Link: http://freesoulphotography.smugmug.com/Events/Sports/GetDirtyMudRun/29885903_fkfJQw#!i=2564067555&k=QM5KkLH

Here is the link to the FB page, if you can't see it (you should) then say something. Smile

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.566998406655798.1073741828.152220091466967&type=3&uploaded=193

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Better I Leave

Nice work there FS. Nicely laid out website as well IMHO. Smile

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Thanks Dave, I'm wondering if instead of saying pics are now included I should say link to pics now included....

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

sheepla

Great photos but I just do NOT see the appeal of mud runs (though they do make for great photography).

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Great photos but I just do NOT see the appeal of mud runs (though they do make for great photography).

For me, the obstacle course part is appealing, I've always wanted to do those boot camp style obstacle courses, I'm just not quite into the muddy part though if it was more water than mud that would be different. It was definitely fun to shoot, thanks and hopefully I will have a babysitter next time so I can run around more and get some different angles though I am not complaining about bringing my son because I want him to be a part of my running and photography though it is much nicer to have another person there to watch him and entertain him.

PRs

thekl0wn

Pigtail Connoisseur

Great pics!  I'll have to see if I can find the pic Rhonda got of some guy who face planted crawling through the last pit...  The pic is of him coming back out of the water, spitting it out.  It was SOOO gross.

Something witty

Docket_Rocket

Nice pics.  Thanks for sharing!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Thanks, I am pretty pleased with it being my first event and kind of spontaneous, not quite planned and having a baby with me. I saw that guy and it was awesome, couldn't get it but she was in much better position than I was. I hate to say it, but as more and more people started crowding around the finish I got nervous about my son being 5-10 feet away, and then of course he got grumpy and lost his pacifier.

Great pics!  I'll have to see if I can find the pic Rhonda got of some guy who face planted crawling through the last pit...  The pic is of him coming back out of the water, spitting it out.  It was SOOO gross.

PRs

happylily

You're a pro! Nice work, FS!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Lol, thanks lily. I would like to be a professional photographer someday, make some money from it but it is really just a passion of mine. I can't wait for horse races at Ellis Park to begin this July, I will definitely be heading there every weekend.

You're a pro! Nice work, FS!

PRs

MrNamtor

These are awesome.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Thanks Nam Smile

PRs