Beginners and Beyond

Where do you store your running shoes? (Read 83 times)

hog4life

You need an all of the above.

Wet shoes = garage

Unworn, new shoes = box

Newer shoes = rack

Older shoes =  closet floor

Me on a lazy day = where ever they land

LOL!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I have to hide mine in the bedroom closet, otherwise Dorian will have them all over the place and then DH will have an actual idea on just how much I've spent on shoes :

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Why do I get the feeling that I'm the most disorganized, uninformed, unread, undisciplined and uncaring runner around here?

379 BQs speak otherwise Wink

catwhoorg

Labrat

My active shoes sit between the door and a unit in our bedroom, apart from my "TM pair", which are towards the end of their life.

My "TM pair" will reside in our spare room, where I get dressed at OMG in the morning before hitting the TM during the week.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

Here Julie, hopefully this will help you feel better........

I have 5 year old pairs (or so) that are sitting in a basket by the front door that my wife calls the toss basket.  I occasionally pull a ratty old pair out of there to mow the lawn in.  Or wash the cars in.

I have no fewer than 7 pair sitting somewhere around/under the bed (the lesser liked get further under) and I "pretend" to organize them so they look nice as one trips over them walking between the bed & treadmill.

There is also ALWAYS a pair sitting adjacent to where I sit in the family room.  They don't often get put on, actually, but they're there in case I need to throw on a pair to simply walk outside.....(take out trash, etc.)

I also have my current pair of bright orange primaries sitting on top of their own box in the bedroom next to the clothes hamper.

That scattered enough for ya'?? 

Randy

No more marathons

I keep my two training pairs that are in current rotation in or on my bag that I take to work each day.  This bag sits beside my chair at the kitchen table (which is where I sit typing this).  My racing/speed work flats are in the same general area and I'll pop them in my bag, replacing one of the trainers on days I expect to do speed work.  My one remaining pair of Green Silence (the Ronald McDonald style) is in a shoe bin in the laundry room.  These are saved for longer races.  I've got a retired pair of trainers also in the laundry room for easy outside use, as well as an older pair in the garage for yard work.  And the bin I mentioned above?  It has about 3 or 4 pairs of other shoes that didn't quite live up to expectations.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

Half Crazy K 2.0

My 4 pairs of active shoes are kept in our gym/spare bedroom. DH cleaned the room and lined them all up, I had no order to them, just stuck 'em where I saw space. I also have a pair of cross trainers in that group. I have 3 retired pairs for every day wear, waking the dog out, etc that I leave wherever. I try to leave at least one pair of something by the garage door for when the dog needs to go out.

Docket_Rocket

The cleaning ladies mixed the old running shoes with my other running shoes and I went 

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

RSX

Oldest in a closet until I donate them. Current shors on floor mat by the door.