Beginners and Beyond

Too Many Cookies TuesDAILIES (Read 45 times)

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Happy Tuesday, Dailies!

Cold weather's coming again. In fact, it's here. 48 this morning when I went to work, 28 when I drove home.

I used the treadmill this afternoon, but I got so bored that I only went 2 miles. Oh well, that's 2 more than I would have had. I don't know how people can run very far on these contraptions! Smile

Knee felt good. As always, we'll see how it feels tomorrow.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

happylily

Tom, you're too tall! Tall people don't do well on a TM. They feel caged in. Anyway, that's my personal theory...  But you did two miles, so hooray for that!

I wanted to say the other day that my SO also has a M1 Garand, October 1944, block/lock/ or dock (I forget which word it is and what it means. I am completely oblivious to the poor guy's hobby and not proud of it. ). Apparently the M1 Garand originates from the land of the JustBeths  (New Brunswick).

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

I used the treadmill this afternoon, but I got so bored that I only went 2 miles. Oh well, that's 2 more than I would have had. I don't know how people can run very far on these contraptions!

I go to Walter Mitty-land, otherwise I would quit after 60 seconds.  lol

Docket_Rocket

I did 4 miles.  Lungs are not 100% but the miles were not that bad.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Tom, you're too tall! Tall people don't do well on a TM. They feel caged in. Anyway, that's my personal theory...  But you did two miles, so hooray for that!

I wanted to say the other day that my SO also has a M1 Garand, October 1944, block/lock/ or dock (I forget which word it is and what it means. I am completely oblivious to the poor guy's hobby and not proud of it. ). Apparently the M1 Garand originates from the land of the JustBeths  (New Brunswick).

Well, to be fair, I've always preferred outside running, and this is my first TM experience since, probably, October. And I was fighting a little with the after-effects of today's Taco Salad lunch. And that's my excuse!  Smile

I don't remember where my Garand originated, but it had seen duty in Korea. Myself and 3 friends bought them for all of about $200 each back around 1980. In those days, you could still order them and have them shipped to your home. Anyway, the thing was well-worn and the stock was pretty nasty, but I got it re-barreled and bought and finished a nice walnut stock for it. A good gunsmith worked on it, matching everything up and worked the trigger mechanism down so that it's very crisp and light. Took a few years, but it's a very nice piece now.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

I go to Walter Mitty-land, otherwise I would quit after 60 seconds.  lol

Well, the good news is that the knee doesn't feel stiff this evening. Perhaps short runs are better for now.

B-Plus

Heading out for a super-short run.

outoftheblue

Late to the party, but 9 miles completed today.  This Pfitz plan is starting to kick my rear end.  But, I guess that's the whole point of it.

Life is good.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

That's it, Rocky and I are running tomorrow morning damn it! Whatever has been muddy, flooded and nasty will be frozen over and that is much better than the muddy wet crap.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Will run for scenery.

Wow, lots of sick folks : feel better !  And wash yer damn hands - I don't wanna catch it!

I bumped my TM mileage from 1 up to 1.5 miles.  Rhe good news is that after 1 mile if warming up, that last half feels awesome.  The not so good is that after I got home my feet felt a little achey.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!