Beginners and Beyond

RR: Brazos Bend Trail Half Marathon- PR (Read 82 times)

Docket_Rocket

Congrats!  Great new PR.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Karen M

Congratulations on the PR - and a trail race that's free, yes!  Smile

Marathons are habit-forming...

"I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength."

Philippians 4:13, NLT

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Aww, Tomas, sorry you didn't get to experience any gators on the trail like I did when I ran in that park.  I bet you were all broken up about it too, weren't you? Joking

Congrats on a great half for you!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Congratulations on the PR - and a trail race that's free, yes!  Smile

the free was the best part. I know a lot goes into races, but some races are just way too expensive. Had it not been free, I wouldnt have run it.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

Mmmmm...beer

Great job on the awesome PR, and on a trail to boot!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Just B.S.

Congrats Tomas!!!

waterskimmer

So glad all the Fat Tire didn't give you a flat tire!  LOL  Your pre-race meal would surely have made you some good eatin' for 'gators, so it's a good thing you were speedy.

Congrats!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Awesome job!! Congrats!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Bin Running

Congrats on the PR, Tomas... Great RR...

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Zelanie

Congrats!  You are getting so strong!  And way to, um, carb load the night before!

Congrats!  You are getting so strong!  And way to, um, carb load the night before!

Thanks. The carbs were not too bad, but too much BBQ late at night and minimal sleep wasnt good.

Scotty- my feelings were hurt that those caotrs stayed in the water Smile

Waterskimmer- Had one of those gators got me, they would have eaten like kings for weeks.

Tomas

SheCan

Dang, Tomas, that's a great  time for a first trail HM!  Congratulations!  I can't believe you're already running races again 2 weeks after your first marathon.  You're proving yourself more and more.   .... shakes head.... even after those beers.  Good for you!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Dang, Tomas, that's a great  time for a first trail HM!  Congratulations!  I can't believe you're already running races again 2 weeks after your first marathon.  You're proving yourself more and more.   .... shakes head.... even after those beers.  Good for you!

Thanks

No more races for a while.

Tomas

happylily

Whoa! Tomas! What an awesome PR! And so soon after your marathon... You are rapidly improving, what an exciting time in your running life it must be. Enjoy every second and every mile! Congrats!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Whoa! Tomas! What an awesome PR! And so soon after your marathon... You are rapidly improving, what an exciting time in your running life it must be. Enjoy every second and every mile! Congrats!

Thanks. I really am having fun.

I just wish races didn't cost so much that it would be cool if there were trails near me.

Tomas