Beginners and Beyond

SUNDAY! SUNDAY! Sundailies! (Read 33 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Hung like a horse, really?  We gotta get you out more.  lol

Good lord...... lol

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Hi dailies:

Zel - ouch, get that toof fixed up!

D - must be the California traffic?  Congrats to you and Dr. D

Free - many of the local races here have a special category for "Clydesdale" men and "Athena" women over a certain weight.  I'm all for it if it fosters competition -- there are some big (not necessarily fat) runners out there who work hard, but simply don't have the right body type to be near the front.

DaveP - you are running well, and the temptation to train harder than the plan is often too great.  I think we've pretty much all been guilty of it at some point.  That said, do the work, trust the taper.  Smile

16 with the 2nd 8 slightly under B-goal MP.  Clouds and light rain kept the humidity from being oppressive, and the pace did not feel aerobically challenging.

Zelanie

Both my kids have head lice

After you shampoo, put conditioner on your kids' hair, and comb it out with a lice comb.  The conditioner stuns any live bugs that survived the shampoo so that you can comb them out.  Then to make sure they're really gone, do the conditioner-and-comb once a week until a week or two after you find no bugs.

Theoretically if you do this, you don't really need to wash every single item in the house, which is a PITA and doesn't help anyway.

NTIWKAAT. 

ETA- While we were arguing about MP and LRs and stuff, apparently Jay was just out there making us look like a bunch of wimps!

Also, DD and I went shopping and had waffles.

Docket_Rocket

Ugh at the head lice. my co worker's kids have had lice 7 times this year already. Someone in their class keeps getting it. There are places here that make a lot of money cleaning the kids and certifying to the school that they can go back to school (they are suspended or sent home until a certificate is provided).

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Hi dailies:

Zel - ouch, get that toof fixed up!

D - must be the California traffic?  Congrats to you and Dr. D

Free - many of the local races here have a special category for "Clydesdale" men and "Athena" women over a certain weight.  I'm all for it if it fosters competition -- there are some big (not necessarily fat) runners out there who work hard, but simply don't have the right body type to be near the front.

DaveP - you are running well, and the temptation to train harder than the plan is often too great.  I think we've pretty much all been guilty of it at some point.  That said, do the work, trust the taper.  Smile

16 with the 2nd 8 slightly under B-goal MP.  Clouds and light rain kept the humidity from being oppressive, and the pace did not feel aerobically challenging.

Athena is definitely a new term to me, lol. I think "Amazon" would be better lol. Smile

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)