Beginners and Beyond

The viewpoint of husbands vs. wives. (Read 172 times)

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

It could be called the viewpoints of husbands vs. wives or maybe better runners vs. non-runners. I get back from my run and my wife says, "Are you going to take a shower?" I reply, " No, I just ran over 7 miles in the rain and I'm rinsed off". She say's back, "You smell like a wet farm animal and you have dirt and leaves, and what is that - a dead worm on your leg?" I say back, "I don't think I stink and the worm looks like he's still alive."  She says, "Ugg. Get that thing out of here and get in the shower." 

Later on she says, "I know you like to run, but you do it in the rain, when its freezing cold or hot out, or in the middle of the night. I'm not telling you that you've lost your marbles, but there is definitely a hole in the bag."

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

tracilynn

good job saving the worm!  I have saved several. Shy

~~~~~~~

Traci

Docket_Rocket

Ha!  My hubby thinks the same.  Now that he runs, I am hoping he'll change.

Although the look he gave me when I was leaving for a run during TS Andrea says otherwise.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

YAYpril - B-Plus

I remember one time I ran in 37° and pouring rain. I got home and my jacket was dripping all over the kitchen floor. Hubby said "you actually ran in that?" And I said yep! He said I was insane. I was like, I know...

Just B.S.

Luckily for me my hubby runs marathons  as well (we also both do tri's). I did my first half in 2003 and

he did his first half in 2004. So no differing viewpoints in this house. Just sometimes a bit of debate over

which destination marathon we are going to choose for our vacation and who has to drive the van to

work instead of ride their bike. Big grin

And lots and lots of laundry!!

Love the Half

Look, you need to shower after a run and I don't care if it was raining.  Hygiene is not negotiable.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

happylily

Look, you need to shower after a run and I don't care if it was raining.  Hygiene is not negotiable.

+1

GUSTAV,GO TAKE A SHOWER! (do I sound like your wife? Big grin)

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Just B.S.

+1

GUSTAV,GO TAKE A SHOWER! (do I sound like your wife? Big grin)

+1, 000

We have lots of laundry and much of that is towels from the many showers taken in

this house every day. Smile

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Gustav - Your posts are top notch.  That's all I have to say.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

The post-run shower is probably my favorite part of every run. A close call with the post-run feed, often I can't decide which to do first.

Dave

Little Blue

It could be called the viewpoints of husbands vs. wives or maybe better runners vs. non-runners. I get back from my run and my wife says, "Are you going to take a shower?" I reply, " No, I just ran over 7 miles in the rain and I'm rinsed off". She say's back, "You smell like a wet farm animal and you have dirt and leaves, and what is that - a dead worm on your leg?" I say back, "I don't think I stink and the worm looks like he's still alive."  She says, "Ugg. Get that thing out of here and get in the shower." 

Later on she says, "I know you like to run, but you do it in the rain, when its freezing cold or hot out, or in the middle of the night. I'm not telling you that you've lost your marbles, but there is definitely a hole in the bag."

Hahahahaha!

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Have a nice shower, Gus.

flarunner

The post-run shower is probably my favorite part of every run. A close call with the post-run feed, often I can't decide which to do first.

Truth.

Love the Half

I can't argue with that.  Ice baths my ass.  Give me a steaming hot shower - especially after a cold run.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

good job saving the worm!  I have saved several. Shy

Really?  I just put any I find into the tequila bottle....

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt