Beginners and Beyond

RR - Detroit Marathon, 10/19/2014 (Read 83 times)

delicate flower

And a blurry one showing me actually running, but finishing behind a guy with a beer belly, wearing what looks like a swim cap & goggles.

Well you'll be happy to know that you whipped his ass, based on the results.

<3

Well you'll be happy to know that you whipped his ass, based on the results.

You are right now that I check, very nice! Based on difference between chip & gun, he must've planted his ass in the A corral or something. Looking at his splits, he appeared to have the same race strategy as me -- start out too fast & finish with a nice leisurely jog. He had it rougher of course, as this was just the last leg of his IM; he never even had time to strip off all his swim gear.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Nice picture!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

B-Plus

Cut the sleeves off for a DIY sleeveless!

Zelanie

Well I think that you did great in training and in the race.  A 12 minute PR is nothing to sneeze at!

I wonder if it was simply that miles 4-9 were just too fast to recover from, and that's what you felt at the end.

I wonder if it was simply that miles 4-9 were just too fast to recover from, and that's what you felt at the end.

That's my assumption. Plus the 1-week layoff at the end I assume had some kind of negative impact on my performance. I was kicking myself for not pacing better, but in hindsight I don't feel too bad. If I ran a smarter race maybe I could've gained a couple minutes, but I doubt I had even a 3:35 in me, much less a 3:30. And it was fun to be able to string as many ~8:0x pace miles together as I did; some of it is about just having fun.

Dave