Beginners and Beyond

Some runs are Extraordinary (Read 88 times)

Just B.S.

I had a fantastic 5 mile trail race on Saturday and an even better 15.5 mile run on Sunday.

My next marathon is May 12th, so I really hope all the runs until then really suck.

You know, to increase my race day karma.Big grin

Buelligan

I love those types of runs. 

The bad runs?  Yeah, I actually get something out of those too.  I like the runs where it feels sucky because I'm out of breath or I just don't feel energetic.   I just tell myself, "It's not like something hurts, so push even harder so you really have something to complain about".

I think I get more out of those runs than the ones where I feel great.  Anyone can run when they feel great, but it takes balls to run when you don't.  And when I say "balls", I mean balls that girls can have too.  You know...  girl balls.

Bad Ass

Doh.  The good runs!  My bad runs include physical ailments I would rather not have, LOL.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

Buelligan

Doh.  The good runs!  My bad runs include physical ailments I would rather not have, LOL.

I couldn't imagine running with an ailment like that.   I guess no amount of balls can make an asthma attack better.

You got girl balls for even trying.

Bad Ass

Bahahaha.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I guess I'll have to make a sacrifice to the running gods before my next run........what do they like? Blood..........shoes...........garmins.... or a toenail?

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:40 (7:57 min/mile pace) 

10k - 54:39 (8:48 min/mile pace)

15k -1:23:31 (8:59 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:56:38 (8:54 min/mile pace)  New PR as of 10/04/2014 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26.2 - (Debut) - 4:48:10 --- Redemption Will be on November 7, 2015