Beginners and Beyond

Thermantidote Thursday Penguins (Read 26 times)

GinnyinPA

Cherie - I'm glad you're all right.  Sorry about the car though, and the scare.  I think you're smart to listen to your body and your inner voice.  Sometimes you just know whether you're on the right path or not.

Jerry - when do you see the doctor?

Baconista - I'm glad the rinse helped.  I'm not sure I could do that, just the thought makes me gag.

Lauren - do be careful with the hills.  Good as they are, a little goes a long way, at least at first.

Scotty - the beer run sounds like a good one.  Our next nearby HM is followed by an inaugural craft beer festival.  I'm interested, but I'm not sure DH will want to spend the money.

Mitch - have fun this evening with your group run.

Stonefence - you're tapering for your 10K?

Credit card was cancelled, since we still haven't found it.  No activity on it, so if we dropped it in a parking lot or store, nobody has tried to use it yet, but we don't want to take the chance.  Great hike - 5.2 miles in the State Park on a sunny 65 degree day.  Wonderful!

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

I saw it ON FB. so how do they fix it? Surgery?

That's what the O Surgeon says.  Have to wait until he sees the knee movie.

Docket_Rocket

That's what the O Surgeon says.  Have to wait until he sees the knee movie.

:-(

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Cherie - I'm glad you're all right.  Sorry about the car though, and the scare.  I think you're smart to listen to your body and your inner voice.  Sometimes you just know whether you're on the right path or not.

Jerry - when do you see the doctor?

Baconista - I'm glad the rinse helped.  I'm not sure I could do that, just the thought makes me gag.

Lauren - do be careful with the hills.  Good as they are, a little goes a long way, at least at first.

Scotty - the beer run sounds like a good one.  Our next nearby HM is followed by an inaugural craft beer festival.  I'm interested, but I'm not sure DH will want to spend the money.

Mitch - have fun this evening with your group run.

Stonefence - you're tapering for your 10K?

Credit card was cancelled, since we still haven't found it.  No activity on it, so if we dropped it in a parking lot or store, nobody has tried to use it yet, but we don't want to take the chance.  Great hike - 5.2 miles in the State Park on a sunny 65 degree day.  Wonderful!

Those stupid cards are sometimes an annoyance, sigh.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

on my way to badass

Regarding the taper- Today's long run was the max for the 10K training program. 2 weeks left and there are some speed workouts and a 5 mile LR. Also some 3M easy runs and strides. I feel confident about training for my Fall HM now.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28