Beginners and Beyond

RR- Correcaminos Media Maratón (really long, sorry) (Read 92 times)

LRB

I think you hit the nail on the head about day-before nutrition.  For every race before this one, I've made sure to eat no dairy at all the day before, and no fruits or vegetables after lunch.  And I've never had to stop during a race.  This time, I didn't follow the rules, and I did.  So clearly, it's worth it to go back to what has worked in the past.

Well then this event was a success if for no other reason than you confirmed that.  That is huge for your marathon and marathon training for that matter.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

It tool me ages to get back to reading this after seeing same day results. Welcome to the hardcore racers who understand that there's more to racing than your final time and whether you set a PR. Wonderful pre- and mid-race analysis of the course and changing conditions and making good adjustments on the run so to speak.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Zelanie

wc- Thanks!  I guess that means I'm growing up, right?  Good thing, only a year until Masters for me!  But I do think that in the long run, I am going to have to find something else to care about besides PRs, and this might be the ticket.

happylily

Mel, I read your RR many days ago and couldn't post at the time, then it slipped my mind later. grrr... All I wanted to say is that I am so proud of you! You have been training so hard, while in Costa Rica no less! it is not surprising at all that you did so well in this challenging race. What a great experience for you it must have been... You are a wonderful role model not only to your daughter, but to all the kids you are supervising in your group. Enjoy the rest of your training and life in Costa Rica, pretty thing you. 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010