Beginners and Beyond

It's Monday Again Penguins (Read 25 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Long day already and it's only 2:45!   At work at 5:30 a.m. because I had to leave work in the late morning to go to an appointment, spent most of the day there; after that cam home and waited for the cable guy to show up to swap out some equipment;  now just chillin' at home and why am I so tired when I really didn't do anything at all today, lol.  Oh well.

Race this past Saturday -http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/624e4af2415047518306b2e7c2b54510/resume#focus  - and then one on Sunday:   http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/30f69ec57d4a44c1be5d1e968af55eac/resume#focus .  I am up to 47 races done for the year.

You are very consistent, Damaris!  Miles and weights, or miles and pilates!   Good luck!

OK, PAD and Traci....seems to be a 'Damaris Trend" here today....miles and gym/strength training

I have a crick in my neck this morning....well, HsM, down heah in Texas, a 'crick' has water in it...so at least you won't get thirsty. 

Happy taper this week to you and the DW, Jack!

Yay, SO42!  Glad you found someone who is finally helping you work things out!  Good luck with the comeback!

No, Lauren, hernias don't go away.  You will probably get laproscopic surgery and come back pretty quickly.  I had laproscopic for mine, and mine was much worse than what you describe,  I had a hernia on either side and now have big ole hunking piece of mesh across my whole abdomen.  That was in 2005 and I have not had any recurrence since then.   The sooner you get it done, the better because the longer you wait, you risk the hernia potentially 'strangulating' - it's rare and does not happen often, but it is a risk, and that is not a good thing if it happens, a strangulated hernia can cut off blood supply to your organs.   That happens, you got about 5 or so hours to get to the hospital...so what if you're running out in the boonies somewhere?   All the info I got from my surgeon during my consults...doctors really know how to scare the hell outta you sometimes, don't they? 

Welcome home, Zelanie!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Glad you are making progress SO42.

Here's wishing the hernia away, Lauren.

Scotty, you are a medical encyclopedia.

4 walk/run miles for us.  Ran .9 walked .1.  No aches today, just sluggish.  Strangely we were running 10:00 pace.  Looks like someone sent us some Texas heat today (or was it Florida).

Singer who runs a smidge

Scotty, you are a medical experiment.

FYP! 

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

Ended up with 6 miles on the TM as it is still 97F outside.  Will move the weights for another day because I am still sore from yesterday.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Lauren, hope the doctor has some good news about the hernia.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Quote from HSM: 

Scotty, you are a medical experiment.

lol.  Funny you should say that, HsM.  Because I go to a Military Treatment Facility which is one of the largest in the nation - Brooke Army Medical Center - and it is also a teaching hospital.  So because of my medical history, sometimes when I go to an appointment my docs ask if it's okay if the students 'sit in' to get some experience on diagnoses, etc.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt