Beginners and Beyond

Penguins Salute Veterans Tuesdaily. (Read 21 times)

From the Internet.

Already signed up for 2015in2015 again too, will be my third year in the game Smile

I got in 5.4 today, 9:32ish average pace. Little worried that maybe I'm running my easy runs too fast again, will try to slow it down a bit tomorrow and see how that feels. I'm willing to chalk up last week's soreness to jumping back up to normal miles again, but if it continues this week I think I'm going to have to take a look at my pace and figure out how to run slower. I suppose it could also just be better fitness, especially given my recent race paces - an easy pace a full 2 minutes and >90sec/mile slower than 5K and 10K pace, respectively, doesn't seem unreasonable.

Robert31320

Team TJ

Running for TJ because he can't.

Zelanie

Ikea bed building success!  Also DD and I did not kill each other. Smile

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Had off for Veterans Day, so  I ran 8 miles in my favorite park in Brooklyn.  It is the park by my old apartment that has a HUGE piece of my "running heart" as it is the location if my first run ever and holds my current 5K PR, 10K PR my first and only age group placement, and my dad's 5K PR. Love running there when I can and it is stunning in the fall. Today was sunny and 60 (crazy for November) and I had a fantastic run. Expected my legs to be dead considering last week was my highest mileage week this year, and I ran 12 miles 2 days ago, but it was the opposite. Legs felt great!!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Brilliant

Brilliant: There is a 5k in town a week from Saturday. Here is the link if you are interested.

Jack, are you doing this one?  I was just saying this morning that I am looking for a 5k or 10k soon!

Zel, thanks for the nudge about the miles game; I just signed up.

Singer who runs a smidge

Already signed up for 2015in2015 again too, will be my third year in the game Smile

I got in 5.4 today, 9:32ish average pace. Little worried that maybe I'm running my easy runs too fast again, will try to slow it down a bit tomorrow and see how that feels. I'm willing to chalk up last week's soreness to jumping back up to normal miles again, but if it continues this week I think I'm going to have to take a look at my pace and figure out how to run slower. I suppose it could also just be better fitness, especially given my recent race paces - an easy pace a full 2 minutes and >90sec/mile slower than 5K and 10K pace, respectively, doesn't seem unreasonable.

Do you have a heart rate monitor?  You might want to look into Maffetone training.

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Amazonian Princess

Thank you to our veterans for their service.

Jack- the book doesn't really give specific core exercises but he says that all of the exercises in his book (most are hip/leg/balance type stuff) will indirectly exercise the transversus which he thinks is the key muscle for core stability. You could probably just google -transversus exercises-

Am I the only person who saw "tyranosaurus exercises"? Whooo, I'm tired

It's not a holiday here, I'm at work and there's plenty to do because it's day one of a two day work stoppage initiated by the nurses' union. While I honor their right to strike, a juvenile part of me wants to photobomb while holding a placard that says "Worst Conga Line EVER"

Another session with the trainer tonight - going to talk about signing up for another half. Despite a painful finish, Two Cities was awesome, like a long run with 1,399 new friends (maybe, 1,398 because black runkini was giving everyone skunk eye!) How everyone else is able to remember enough details to write a race report is beyond me. I only remember bits and pieces like the singer in one of the bands who was reading lyrics to "Two Princes" off his iPhone and how I couldn't bring myself to drop clothes on the course as it warmed up because it was too much like littering.

Enjoy the rest of the day!

I can. I will. I am. 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Do you have a heart rate monitor?  You might want to look into Maffetone training.

I use Maffetone.  Best thing that ever happened to my asthma.

Damaris

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Jack, are you doing this one?  I was just saying this morning that I am looking for a 5k or 10k soon!

Zel, thanks for the nudge about the miles game; I just signed up.

We are leaving for Zion that day but I still think I can do it.

tracilynn

Bacon! Lmao!

~~~~~~~

Traci

tracilynn

Just ran 3.6 slow and in the rain. Nice.

~~~~~~~

Traci

GinnyinPA

I ended up doing seven, too fast so they felt harder than usual.  I am horrible at slowing down as much as I should.  With the hills around here, as long as I can breathe well, it feels easy, even when it's not.

I'm not sure about signing up for the 2015in2015 game.  I like the idea, but as erratic as my training can get, I'm not sure I want to commit to it.  My first two years of running, I ended up injured and lost 8 months and then 5 months.  This year I didn't have an injury, but travelling for three months cut my running way down.  I'm still going to beat my pace bunny -- actually in my next run -- but it's the first time in three years of running that I've come close to my goal of 1000 miles.  Next year I hope to train for a marathon, which would really boost my mileage, but that depends on whether I can stay injury-free long enough and whether I can figure out how to keep on track when we're on the road.