Beginners and Beyond

Penguin's Saturday - Sundaily (It's Going to be a Long Day) (Read 31 times)

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Power walked my 10k today and spent a long time talking to a fellow injured runner. I was already in mild pain from getting to the race by mass transit so I didn't attempt to run/jog even a single step of the race. I'm happy that I did the race because I need it to qualify for next year's NYC Half.  At the end it was cool because the announcer said congrats to the two of us by name Smile. I didn't DFL either which was cool. 4 people in my age group finished after me (I think my age group had nearly a thousand runners).

I was really hoping to be back to running/jogging soon but that's not in the cards for a bit. I'm now hoping to return to running July 7th. For now I'm sticking with easy walking, swimming, and my ankle pt exercises.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Docket_Rocket

I have a light fever now, sigh.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

From the Internet.

I'm taking a rest day with Mitch.   Okay, maybe not quite with him, but me, hubby and a friend are headed out to watch the matinee of The X-men.  I have trouble sitting still for long periods of times, so I hope its not so long, and is interesting.  Just looked, it's over 2 hours and 10 minutes.... Ugh!!!!!!   LOL!

I saw it the day it came out and *loved* it, but I grew up with a best friend who was super into X-Men from elementary school age so that's part of my appreciation for it, lol.

1.51 easy miles this morning (0.8 to/0.71 from work, spent ~10 minutes there). 22.7 for the week and feeling great, going to force myself to take tomorrow off.

sapf - glad you got to do the race even if you didn't get to run. Keep being patient, you will heal! Smile

SheCan

I saw it the day it came out and *loved* it, but I grew up with a best friend who was super into X-Men from elementary school age so that's part of my appreciation for it, lol.

1.51 easy miles this morning (0.8 to/0.71 from work, spent ~10 minutes there). 22.7 for the week and feeling great, going to force myself to take tomorrow off.

sapf - glad you got to do the race even if you didn't get to run. Keep being patient, you will heal! Smile

It was good... and I only got up once for a bathroom break, so I must have been pretty entertained.

Enjoy your break from the streak tomorrow.   Nice to end it while still feeling great.

sapf-- congratulations on finishing your race.  I agree with Lauren.  It was smart of you to not push it, and to focus more on your future running.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson