Beginners and Beyond

Race Report/Photos: Race #71 for the year: Comal ISD Jingle Bell 5K (Read 136 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

On Saturday, December 8th, 2012 I participated in the Jingle Bell 5K in Gruene, Texas, put on by Comal Independent School District and benefiting St. Jude’s Ranch for Children.  Below is the link to my report and photos.  Please feel free to share the report and photos.

http://forums.runnersworld.com/forums/runner-communities/beginners#plckforumpage=ForumDiscussion&plckdiscussionid=Cat%3ARunner%20CommunitiesForum%3A608106477Discussion%3A03499f23-ec1e-43e2-b2fe-8ed3c04d3113

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Bin Running

congrats on #71!

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

happylily

Copied from RW...

Lovely report, Scotty! Congratulations on a speedy time despite being busy doing
        your usual journalistic work! It is simply amazing to see Luke and the other 80+
        year old men, they look much younger. We can only hope to look that good, and be
        that healthy, when we are that age. I'm always fascinated by the fact that I can
        see the humidy in the air in your photos. Yet, people still dress with long
        socks, capris, long sleeves. hats, etc... I guess they are used to it. That beer
        must have been quite refreshing for you at the end, you seemed to enjoy it! :-)

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

I responded there, but also here:

Great report as usual!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Hey Doc

Feets don't fail me now

Great job on #71, Scotty!!  Love the photos and I love how everybody gets into the spirit of the race.  Smile  Luke is awesome and definitely an inspiration.

Jess runs for bacon

As usual, love the pics! That's a huge crowd! I still think it's funny you have time to take all those pics mid-race and still get a faster 5k time than me. I'll catch up to you soon!

RabbitRunner

Another great RR Scotty, thanks for sharing. 

Supersono99

As always, I love your RR and photos. You managed to find some cute doggies, too. That was a nice looking neighborhood you were runnjng through. I love George Strait, Pure Country was a favorite movie when I was younger. 

dallison

registered pw

Great pics and finish.

2017 goals:

sub 1:30 half 

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Breakfast tacos and beer... what a great way to replenish those carbs!!

tinman11

Great report.  I was about to call it a day, but now I'm ready to have a cold beer.  You guys know how to throw a party down there.

And I would love to see Lyle Lovett play down there.  He's awesome. 

SheCan

On Saturday, December 8th, 2012 I participated in the Jingle Bell 5K in Gruene, Texas, put on by Comal Independent School District and benefiting St. Jude’s Ranch for Children.  Below is the link to my report and photos.  Please feel free to share the report and photos.

http://forums.runnersworld.com/forums/runner-communities/beginners#plckforumpage=ForumDiscussion&plckdiscussionid=Cat%3ARunner%20CommunitiesForum%3A608106477Discussion%3A03499f23-ec1e-43e2-b2fe-8ed3c04d3113

This race looked so, so fun!   Bet you're in the holiday spirit now.  So many cheerful, bright holiday costumes.  I'm not exactly sure how you got much running in with all those pictures, but good job on your time.  Thank you again for another great photo report!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson