Beginners and Beyond

PSA for the ladies (Read 572 times)

Chairman

I shall leave this comment alone, lest I receive the wrath of catty.  Now pull up your shorts and gift me a land permit.

I'm at work. They block Facebook. No land permit for until tonight, I'm afraid.

Coalition for a Free and Independent New Jersey

Misty

2-3" is a good inseam

I wear them with an apology note pinned to my ass.

Misty

Bless your heart.

@runjerseygirl

Is it to apologize for covering your ass with a note?

Do you even run?

Docket_Rocket

I don't need to use any in the Summer (well, 10 months of the year) because the humidity is so bad, I don't need anti chafe.  But in the Winter, ay ay ay.

Invest in BodyGlide.  Use it.  No, use more.  Yes, even in the winter.  Ouch.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Just B.S.

I don't wear running shorts, only tights and don't have a problem with ride up but I always put

body glide on my feet to prevent blisters but only on runs or races 25K+ or during period of

high humidity I will put some under my bra band.

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

Take care that note don't get straight slapped!  Wink

Randy

racecat

Goddess of the Cuisine

2-3" is a good inseam

I agree. I have a few pairs of those.

In transit, arriving on time. 

Chairman

I agree. I have a few pairs of those.

Not enough.

racecat

Goddess of the Cuisine

Not enough.

I'll pick up some more. I'm sure the neighbors will thank you.

Chairman

I'll pick up some more. I'm sure the neighbors will thank you.

That'll teach you to turn the lights on with the shades open.

Docket_Rocket

You two are hilarious.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

CrisRuns

That'll teach you to turn the lights on with the shades open.

With or without the bra on?

racecat

Goddess of the Cuisine

With or without the bra on?

I run outside in the daylight, but unfortunately for my neighbors I'm always wearing a bra.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

That's why I love winter, less chafing in tights! I asked the BF a few months ago for a solution to my running shorts riding up (if you have thunder thighs it is inevidible) and the ladies on the forum recommended the Sparkle Skirt. I LOVE it. I also found some running shorts that don't have the sewn in briefs so I can put compression shorts under and that helps. For longet runs I need to put body glide under the straps of my sports bra and under the band as well or else it's bad news bears.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Nevrgivup

I also have never had to use this stuff. At least you have found something to help. Ouch.

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del.