Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES: Who Didn't See This Coming? (Read 79 times)

Fuzzy, fantastic 11.2

Happy Birthday, Zelanie! Enjoy your RD.

Happy Birthday, Gustav!

AprilRunner, I hope that you enjoy the four miles at lunchtime.

Shirfan, have fun with the snow-free fifteen.

Damaris, the analyst is lucky you weren't in his presence.

Ugh, Phil, feel well soon.

Rick, I'm glad that your six-miler was pleasant. Thanks for reminding me to move my clocks forward.

MarjorieAnn3137, excellent 10.2 today.

Brrrrrrr, excellent hilly five-miler. What inclines were part of the workout?

Kay, I'm glad that your thumb wasn't giving you too much trouble. Great job lifting and using the elliptical.

FreeSoul87, enjoy the seven mile and the new shoes.

outoftheblue, have fun with the eight miles. Congratulations on your weight loss!

Shari, nice run. Last week, I ran three miles on a thin layer o'snow. I found myself going more slowly, as a result.

kristin10185, racing with your dad sounds like fun!

Dave, bravo fitting a virtual 10K into your workday.

pae, hooray for being able to do a hilly run without ice or snow.

DaveP MI, I'm happy that you're feeling well enough to run. Great job with the four.

Hey everyone!

Squeezed 6.3 miles into my lunch break, not as many miles as I wanted, but I wanted to get at least some in before it gets really nasty later.  It was already 20-25mph winds and spitting rain, fun stuff. Smile

I gaffed off, could have run this morning, but did not!

I will have to go out in this weather you are talking about this afternoon and try to get a 10 miler in.  ---- 40 mph gusts...  I guess that means that 5 miles of my run will be really easy, and the other 5 is really going to suck a$$ets. Big grin

Edit:  Va Beach:   """A chance of rain before 4pm, then a chance of rain and snow.  Windy, with a northwest wind 28 to 30 mph, with gusts as high as 45 mph.  Gale Warning in effect along the coast...."""

--- If I go out for 10, but only do 2, don't hold it against me too much!

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Afternoon, Dailies!

I'm a little slow to post - been running around like a chicken without a head since I got up this morning.

SRD for me, off to work in a while.

Have a great day, everybody!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

StepbyStep-SH

Can't get my brain to focus on the freelance story I need to be working on (about families with multiples - I've interviewed two families who have triplets), so I decided to register for some races instead.

Registered for the Marquette Marathon Aug. 31 in Marquette, Mich., and made hotel reservations to turn it into a 5-day family vacation.

Then registered for my favorite local race, Fools Five Road Races, which I've mentioned before talking about how much money the event raises for cancer research and their guest speakers, who are usually athletes who are also cancer survivors. This year the speaker is Gabriele Anderson, an Olympic Trials finalist and a two time cancer survivor. She was a four-time all-state performer in cross country in Minnesota, and was the 2004 state champion in the 800 meters. At the University of Minnesota, she was a three-time NCAA Cross Country Championships competitor and was second team All Big Ten in cross country in both 2007 and 2008.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Basya, I went with the 2.1 to 4.5 inclines. I believe each wave increased by .6. It was my first go at hills on a TM so I'm just learning what the different levels mean.

- Andrew

Docket_Rocket

Sound like great races!

Can't get my brain to focus on the freelance story I need to be working on (about families with multiples - I've interviewed two families who have triplets), so I decided to register for some races instead.

Registered for the Marquette Marathon Aug. 31 in Marquette, Mich., and made hotel reservations to turn it into a 5-day family vacation.

Then registered for my favorite local race, Fools Five Road Races, which I've mentioned before talking about how much money the event raises for cancer research and their guest speakers, who are usually athletes who are also cancer survivors. This year the speaker is Gabriele Anderson, an Olympic Trials finalist and a two time cancer survivor. She was a four-time all-state performer in cross country in Minnesota, and was the 2004 state champion in the 800 meters. At the University of Minnesota, she was a three-time NCAA Cross Country Championships competitor and was second team All Big Ten in cross country in both 2007 and 2008.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

That is hilarious!

--- I have identical twins..  (thankfully no triplets, but the oldest son is only one year older, so might as well be.  They are teens now, LIFE IS HELL. (on Some days)  :-)    --- Which is probably why I run so much mileage, and I have registered for so many races as well this year!   I am on tap to do about 50+ races this year...  Registering for races is always a fun thing to do  :-)

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

15.22 easy miles, 8:18 pace with sunglasses in effect.

Chopped a bunch of ice out of the driveway, played 9 holes of disc golf, DW treated me to dinner, got a fire going in the woodburner, Survivor, bed.  Life is good once in a while.

LRB

15.22 easy miles, 8:18 pace with sunglasses in effect.

Chopped a bunch of ice out of the driveway, played 9 holes of disc golf, DW treated me to dinner, got a fire going in the woodburner, Survivor, bed.  Life is good once in a while.

Winning!

Docket_Rocket

I had such a problem breathing today, I punished my bronchii through 6 instead of 5.  They stopped complaining after Mile 4. Big grin

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

K L Duke, I hope that your ten-miler goes well.

Tom, have a refreshing SRD.

Shari, good luck with your article. And your racesSmile

Brrrrrrr, thanks for the info. I'm beginning to like hills.

Shirfan, bravo on the easy run and the "cross-training".

Damaris, great job showing the bronchi who's boss.

4.92 miles with the run club done in 45:54.41. Average pace 9:20. That included an easy run to the track, four fifty-yard strides, four quarter-mile repeats, and an easy run back to the LRS. The run felt amazingSmile

B-Plus

Hope you're feeling better Baboon and DR.

I'm about to head out for an easy 5. I was planning a double recovery, but the pillow won the battle this morning.

finished 4 miles and I'm done........til tomorrow at least.

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

pae

I think I did some hills today.  :-p

hillprofile

Was supposed to do 8 miles, but ended up doing just under 10.  This is the last scheduled hill workout of my training cycle.  I've actually come to enjoy running the hills, and I can tell my leg strength has improved over the past 8 weeks of doing these.  I managed to average just at 10:00 per mile, which is what I'm supposed to be doing on my easy runs (but I have a problem slowing it down).  Maybe I should just put more hills into my easy runs.  :-p