Beginners and Beyond

RR- Halfway to St. Patrick's Day 5K - Trust my watch, or trust the clock? (Read 81 times)

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Trust the clock - it is written!

Nice run!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Course? Garmin? Who knows... If all else fails consider it a nice race. Try mapmyfitness.com and see what you get. In any case, welcome back from your injury problems and great RR.  Soon, your hubby will be out there with you.  Smile

Little Blue

Whatever the story, you had a great race!  You'll get that 7 next time!

Zelanie

Looks like the truth might be somewhere in the middle.  I put the course into mapmyrun and got 3 miles exactly.  Then I put that plus my finish time through the RWOL calculators and got an 8:08 pace, which would have been a 25:13 for the full distance.  Still would have been a PR, but short of my goal.

So clearly I'm going to have to run another one of these suckers on a certified course!  But it gives me a better sense of what to aim for in my 10K.

hog4life

Congrats Zel, the awards are cool, and that's what counts in this one.

Ric-G

congrats! you race the competition not the course...you did a great job and know where you stand relative to others...your time should even get faster...good job.

marathon pr - 3:16

Congrats, regardless of how long the course actually was.

Cool swag, and good luck for the upcoming 10K.