Beginners and Beyond

Ads we will never see at all (Read 91 times)

delicate flower

Some of those are funny!  LOL @ "Is Pepsi ok?"

<3

happylily

OMG, that was funny. Big grin I could have written many of those myself. Big grin

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Dad on the run.

Those were pretty funny. I like the Best Buy (very guilty of doing that) and the Barnes and Noble.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

obiebyke

As a librarian, I would like to say that Barnes and Noble is not a library no matter how long you stay. If you want a PowerPoint-enhanced presentation on why, PM me. Wink

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

StepbyStep-SH

Love those!

We managed to keep my 7-year-old away from ranch dressing for a long time, but he's had it at just enough friends' homes now that he asks for it about half the time I give him carrot sticks. But I only say yes about half the time.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Very funny. LOL'ed at more than 1.

- Andrew

Docket_Rocket

Love the Pepsi one.  We get it often at restaurants.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

As a librarian, I would like to say that Barnes and Noble is not a library no matter how long you stay. If you want a PowerPoint-enhanced presentation on why, PM me. Wink

You'd never guess that from the way some B&N customers act or the books they ask if we have in the store. I can often tell what they're researching and writing papers on by the stacks of dozens of books they leave behind at closing.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

LRB

Guilty.

<--- Target snob.

obiebyke

wcrunner2 -- Hmph. Do they underline them/break the spines, too? (I'm not really very surly IRL. Well, maybe a little.)

Docket -- After your comment on the Pepsi thing, I googled the meme. I didn't get it in the OP. I'm so dumb! (And no. Pepsi isn't okay.)

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Docket_Rocket

wcrunner2 -- Hmph. Do they underline them/break the spines, too? (I'm not really very surly IRL. Well, maybe a little.)

Docket -- After your comment on the Pepsi thing, I googled the meme. I didn't get it in the OP. I'm so dumb! (And no. Pepsi isn't okay.)

LOL. When my husband went for an interview in Atlanta, he asked whether they had Pepsi at the restaurant.  They almost killed him.  He drinks Coke and he does not know why he asked for Pepsi.  Not sure if they would've extended him an offer since he took another one, but sheesh.  Atlanta is THE Coke place.

OK, that sounded weird.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Break the spines, dog-ear pages, spill coffee on them - not most customers, but it happens. I've even found a few crossword puzzle books with puzzles partially done. Though what annoys me more is putting books back on shelves where they don't belong, then when another customer wants to actually buy a book, we can't find it.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Love the Half

Good stuff.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

Hip Redux

Ah, this was a reddit thread a while back.  Some of them were HILARIOUS.  I'll see if I can dig up the original.

MTA:  Found it!   I wasted a good hour going through the posts a few months back.