Beginners and Beyond

New Timing........things (Read 99 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I noticed when picking up my bib last night that I didn't receive a timing tag for my shoe, at first I didn't care because I had my garmin. Then I noticed two strange strips on the back of my bib that said Chrono Track, apparently it is a new thing or Evansville's races are finally getting into it???

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Coastal

That's your timing chip.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I know, it's just new to me. First time I've seen one so far, all my past races have had the shoe tags. I thought these were interesting, also nice to not have to stop right after crossing the finish line and try to stand while they take the shoe tag off.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

My 3 races that I've run so far have had the bib chip.... never had a shoe chip before.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

We've been using those for a few years and I have not seen a timing tag for my shoe in quite a while.

I noticed when picking up my bib last night that I didn't receive a timing tag for my shoe, at first I didn't care because I had my garmin. Then I noticed two strange strips on the back of my bib that said Chrono Track, apparently it is a new thing or Evansville's races are finally getting into it???

Damaris

Luke79

I know, it's just new to me. First time I've seen one so far, all my past races have had the shoe tags. I thought these were interesting, also nice to not have to stop right after crossing the finish line and try to stand while they take the shoe tag off.

I hope we start using the bib chip at some point.  It will be a little better than standing there with my heart pounding and dripping sweat all over the person removing my shoe chip.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

At least you have somebody remove yours.  We've always used the ones that you throw away.  The only time I had a removable one was in Berlin and that was a pain in the ass because we had to remove it ourselves.  45000 people doing it at once, all sore from just finishing a marathon, yeah, that was easy.

I hope we start using the bib chip at some point.  It will be a little better than standing there with my heart pounding and dripping sweat all over the person removing my shoe chip.

Damaris

Little Blue

Hopefully your chip is stuck to the back of the bib.  The last race I was in, they put it on a tear off tag on the bottom of the bib.  They collected them at the end, for some reason.  But we did see a few on the course that got torn off.  That would make me a little pissy, to discover that my chip fell off during the race.

YAYpril - B-Plus

I've never had a shoe chip - only bib. One of our local HMs had shoe chips but I think they swapped to bib the first year I ran it.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Evansville must be behind or something lol, there were two of these strips on the back of the bib, not where they tear it off. I didn't even have to stop after crossing the line !!! Yay!! I hope the HMs I am doing this year will have this, I hate having to stop and stand while somebody cuts the tag off my shoe, at that point I just want to fall over and die Clown

PRs