Beginners and Beyond

FRIDAILIES: What Happens When the Golden Goose Is on the Loose (Read 67 times)

Docket_Rocket

The sooner you do it, the sooner you get back out there.  So good!

Looks like I'll be getting my knee surgery sooner rather than later, which I see as a very good thing.  Maybe I'll be able to do a spring 2014 marathon.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

StepbyStep-SH

15 miles done, though that whole "last 15 minutes at moderate effort" didn't really happen. I managed to make the last mile the fastest, but since all the rest were over 10:00 pace, it didn't take much. My body is kind of tapped out right now, but  think a short recovery run tomorrow and SRD on Sunday should have me ready to hit it again Monday.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Better I Leave

15 miles done, though that whole "last 15 minutes at moderate effort" didn't really happen. I managed to make the last mile the fastest, but since all the rest were over 10:00 pace, it didn't take much. My body is kind of tapped out right now, but  think a short recovery run tomorrow and SRD on Sunday should have me ready to hit it again Monday.

Kewlness. Much respect. I banged out a quick 3.1 miles over lunch, but it's all good as I had planned today as a rest day. This "running thing" can be addicting, can it not? Even if it's just a quick run, ya just gotsta do it!!! **grin**

runmomto3boys

Phil: I'm happy to hear that the surgery should be taking place soon - you'll be on your feet that much sooner.

Shari: Great miles today, especially considering that it is your first LR since you got struck down with illness!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Good news, Phil; not that you have to have surgery, but at least it will be done sooner, so you can start rehab sooner too.  Wishing you all the best!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

I've got 16 on tap tomorrow, with the last 20min hard. My expectation is that it will look a lot more like your run! Good job getting it done though, and I hope the easier weekend gives you the recovery you need.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

8.5 outside because it's sunny! (and freaking windy). 2m easy + 15min@10K + 5min easy + 15min@10K + 2.25 easy

I hate threshold workouts. Just want that to be clear.

+1. They're just hard, no getting around it! I don't know that I've ever done one where I haven't wanted to quit at some point. Great job getting yours in, especially hitting paces in the wind.

The other thing about threshold runs is they seem to freak people out. For some reason sprinting down streets makes people very nervous compared to when you're just doing an easy pace run.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Shakedown Street

so im a runner & run mom....

I fear the threshold workout. doing the adaptive running thing and actually enjoy all the workouts. Almost all.

Today I ran down a power easement. I could smell mexican food. Good yummy mexican food. Granted I did not have to go fast on streets, the mexican food was there to taunt me. South wind about 12-15mph, pretty constant. Ran north first, then south. It was hard, but not too terrible hard. It was around 11 so my breakfast was gone, and I was really really having fantasies about food.

I wish I could cut and paste a map...I did some unintentional GPS artwork.

Started-5/12, RWOL refugee,5k-24:23 (1/12/13),10K-55:37(9/15/12),HM-1:52:59(3/24/13)

Luke79

Hi Dailies.  I'm running tomorrow, long run on trails.  SRD today.

45 minute gym workout and 2.2 miles on the TM at a snails pace. But knee feels good and going a little longer tomorrow......

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Evening, dailies!

I'm way behind in my posting today! I managed to get out for 3.4 miles after working a 12 hour shift today. I'm bringing my gym bag with me tomorrow in hopes of getting about 5 miles in after work in the park. Have to be out before it gets dark since the riverwalk closes at sundown.

Hope everyone's doing OK. I didn't get a chance to read all the posts today. Heading for bed soon, will be up at 0345 hrs tomorrow.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Looks like I'll be getting my knee surgery sooner rather than later, which I see as a very good thing.  Maybe I'll be able to do a spring 2014 marathon.

Youch - I was wondering how things had turned out at the doc, but being a little short on time, I didn't get a chance to read up on your situation. I hope everything goes well with the surgery when you get it done.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

6.2 recovery pace. Nice night for a run. 35 degrees and clear.....all downhill from here for the next few days though.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Just a quick 3.3 today but I was able to get to the college track meet to watch the kids on the team I sometimes run with race. Five plus hours of spectating and cheering.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

StepbyStep-SH

so im a runner & run mom....

I fear the threshold workout. doing the adaptive running thing and actually enjoy all the workouts. Almost all.

Today I ran down a power easement. I could smell mexican food. Good yummy mexican food. Granted I did not have to go fast on streets, the mexican food was there to taunt me. South wind about 12-15mph, pretty constant. Ran north first, then south. It was hard, but not too terrible hard. It was around 11 so my breakfast was gone, and I was really really having fantasies about food.

I wish I could cut and paste a map...I did some unintentional GPS artwork.

My run went past the bakery for a local convenience store chain, and apparently they were making their "Glazers" donuts - the smell of powdered sugar glaze was intense and way too sweet to even be tempting.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.