Beginners and Beyond

Hartford HM recap (Read 73 times)

delicate flower

Another weekend, another PR.  Just another day in the life of a Baboon.  Congratulations!  Now you need to run another HM when you're not in the middle of marathon training.

Interesting, I was just saying this to DW last night.  In the past year, I've only been able to knock 22 seconds off my HM PR.  Seems like that should be a bigger number, but I also haven't really put myself in position to run a really fast HM.  Aside from a couple of recovery weeks after my May marathon, I've been in marathon training nearly the entire year and my HM's have been run in the thick of that training.  So while my HM isn't really getting much faster, I'm looking at upwards of a half hour improvement in the marathon this year, barring another disaster in Philly.  I like all the prep and training that goes into the marathon, which is why I'm drawn to it.  I'm already planning two for next year as well.

Thanks for reading and for all the comments!  The cold is on the way out...feeling better today.  If the HM was yesterday, I'd have considered a DNS.

<3

Julia1971

Congratulations on the PR!

I am so impressed by those splits.  What a well run race.

I had the same Garmin vs. actual distance issue last weekend.  I thought I was sitting on a 1:00 cushion and then realized the course would measure "long".

Hope you feel better soon!  Better to get a cold now than 6 weeks from now.