Beginners and Beyond

Wake up lazy penguins it's Hump Day! (Read 21 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

I would be running alone if I was shirtless.

GinnyinPA

Busy afternoon:  5 mile run, then as long as I was sweaty, I mowed the lawn and washed the dog.  Pizza is expected to arrive any time.

hog4life

I did my last run this morning before my half this weekend. I did 5.25 with 4x100m strides. We got most all the luggage packed this morning before I had to leave for work, so hopefully we can load up in the morning and leave by 9:00 or so. I had a shirt made for my run this weekend, I think everyone will like the thought behind it. I'll have pics on FB this weekend, then will share here later next week when I get home.

Jimmy, I agree with others, be careful trying to do that. It sounds like a bad recipe.

Traci, I believe that is correct about hitting the lap button. Or, if it auto laps, you can change the distance where it auto laps. I would totally forget to hit the button each time.

Robert31320

Team TJ

Walk-free runs are good for your soul. My soul is getting way better so far this week. Not really high mileage yet, but the old confidence is getting a real kick in the pants :-)

Running for TJ because he can't.

tracilynn

I did my last run this morning before my half this weekend. I did 5.25 with 4x100m strides. We got most all the luggage packed this morning before I had to leave for work, so hopefully we can load up in the morning and leave by 9:00 or so. I had a shirt made for my run this weekend, I think everyone will like the thought behind it. I'll have pics on FB this weekend, then will share here later next week when I get home.

Jimmy, I agree with others, be careful trying to do that. It sounds like a bad recipe.

Traci, I believe that is correct about hitting the lap button. Or, if it auto laps, you can change the distance where it auto laps. I would totally forget to hit the button each time.

Have fun in the Smokies!  I will be there in 3 weeks! Can't wait!  Yes, I will do the auto lap. Derr.

~~~~~~~

Traci

hog4life

Have fun in the Smokies!  I will be there in 3 weeks! Can't wait!  Yes, I will do the auto lap. Derr.

Thanks girl. We cannot wait!!

Zelanie

Dumb question >>> So if you're running on a track you can just manually hit the lap button on your garmin and it will give you a better idea of your pace, right?

Traci- The problem with "pace" on short intervals like 400s is that a very small difference in time could end up giving you a big difference in pace.  Run that lap 3 seconds too slow and suddenly you are 12 seconds off your target pace, for example.  Obviously, the shorter the interval, the more of an issue it is.  So, sometimes it's more helpful to look at target time per lap for those shorter intervals, which the calculators usually also provide, and that way it's easier to keep those small variations in perspective.  So the lap button can be a helpful way to keep track of that.

Ginny- Hansons only include a 10-day taper, although the last official "long run" is 3 weeks out.  I am feeling awfully tempted to take it easy this week, though!  I think the plan itself was right on the edge for me, so I might actually need some extra recovery.  I am sorry for your loss, but hope that you get to spend some good time with family members.

Mitch- Hope you have a great time!

Docket_Rocket

Good luck, Mitch!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Robert31320

Team TJ

Hoping y'all have a great trip Mitch!

Running for TJ because he can't.

tracilynn

Zel- I gotcha. Thanks. I have seen the intervals broken down by time on McMillan. Makes sense! Genius!

~~~~~~~

Traci