Beginners and Beyond

RR - "get your stinky old shoes out of the house" 5K (Read 75 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

It was well above freezing, perhaps upper 40s by the start.  Umm, in South Texas, when we get to the the upper 60s that is considered well above freezing, lol. Anything below that is 'near freezing'  

found a secluded alley behind a building housing generators.....dang, glad you didn't accidentally 'stream electrocute' yourself! 

Congrats on your race, Jay, and the 1st place AG!  Nice photo, you look really strong and going well in that!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

SheCan

Congratulations, Jay!   You're so fast always.  Great job on the AG win and I love the "70s" picture also!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

That is a nice Kenyan lean you got going there.  I wondered if I had it since I never saw it until my last event finally.  That is about the only thing I have in common with them, well, one of two things.  lol

That is a nice bit of speed work heading into Boston!

What are your thoughts on pre-race stretching now that you have tried it?  Have you ever done running drills prior to racing?  After stretching I did a set of running drills (butt kicks, high knees, quick feet) before my half and while I cannot say they helped, I can say they did not hurt.

Thank you, all!

Rick - yes, hopefully that was good outcome from the RT article about posture and hip alignment.  I consciously tried to break out of the super-shuffle and run "bigger" without overstriding or going into my fatigued excessive heel-strike.

The warmed-up stretching felt good, I only targeted things that felt tight.  After that it was just a few accelerations to beyond race pace, and then into the throng.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Nice job!

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

You've got that Ryan Hall looking high knee kick!!! 

And where's your wagon-wheel pancake & beer pics???  

Randy

Great job! You're super fast! That's a really great photo, too. Smile

5k - 25:15 (11/18/12)

10k - 1:01:51 (2/14/15)

10mi - 1:33:18 (3/2/14)

HM - 2:06:12 (3/24/13)

Upcoming Races:

Benched until further notice. :/

Everything you need is already inside. [[Bill Bowerman]]

delicate flower

You didn't win.  Sad

<3

Mmmmm...beer

Great job and awesome photo!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!