Beginners and Beyond

Swing Low, Sweet SUNDAILIES (Read 43 times)

Docket_Rocket

We went there two years ago while my husband interviewed with Kaiser in Sacramento. It was cold and I hope it is as well during the marathon, as the one next weekend will be 80-92F during the race.

Damaris -- I'm very excited about SF as well.   Have you been there before?   It's a beautiful city.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Just B.S.

Back from my run.  18.3 miles at 10:47 pace, with 938 feet of elevation gain.  That's about what the elev. gain is for the SF marathon, so it's good to know what it feels like.  Hilly, that's what it feels like.  Resting and baking some bread now before DH and I head out for drinks and dinner at Chilean restaurant.

I would love to run SF someday. Love that city. Since I only run on hills and my regular 20 mile run has a gain

of about 1,500 feet I don't think the elevations will be a problem!

Great job! and your dinner sounds delicious!

outoftheblue

I would love to run SF someday. Love that city. Since I only run on hills and my regular 20 mile run has a gain

of about 1,500 feet I don't think the elevations will be a problem!

Great job! and your dinner sounds delicious!

I wish I was going to that well prepared!  Hopefully you get to run it someday.

Life is good.

Docket_Rocket

Good thing I am doing SF for fun.  LA was bad enough, ha.  But at least I will get the special medal for doing both.

I wish I was going to that well prepared!  Hopefully you get to run it someday.

Beth, we only spent a day there and spent most of it at the Embarcadero and on a tour that included Alcatraz.  Great city!  Hope you get there one day!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

So ya I ran around the block today and it didn't  feel to bad. I think ill try a couple miles tomorrow after work.

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

LRB

I ran a 1:40:33 on a killer course! Good for a four minute PR! 

Damn, I remember that elevation profile, that is impressive and translates to a 1:31 on a flat course!

B, it was basically an adjustment my body made on its own over a period of long runs.  Adapting to, and burning fat for fuel as LTH, Goo and others talk about.  Originally it was 10 miles I could run on empty, and feel strong throughout.  Now it is up to 13.

Just stay cognizant of the things you do and eat in the days leading up to the run.  No different than anything else running-wise really, as running or the problems it presents is one big mystery we are constantly trying to solve.

Marjorie, speedy or not, you continually rank at the top of the B&B in terms of mileage.  That is, the entire group!  One word for that; Ass Kicker!  ; )

That is a nice pic Kris!

Spark, winning!

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hey everybody!  RR posted, and trying to read everyone all the other ones from the weekend too.  I'll do my best to get back in here as well.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

LRB

Hey everybody!  RR posted, and trying to read everyone all the other ones from the weekend too.  I'll do my best to get back in here as well.

Sheeit, you better be going to your parade lmao!

Docket_Rocket

Jack, I missed your post.  Congrats!

SIAR, off to read the RR.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Hip Redux

I'm having a hard time keeping up with all the RRs today!  Big grin

So I did a 5k this morning.  Crash and burn. lol

Splits were:

8:33/9:35/9:40

0.1 8:31

28:45

This is sort of my baseline number for now, coming off injury.  My first 5k for 2013 was a beast of a hilly route, and it's hard to compare that to the rest of the races I might do this year.   Since I'm concentrating on shorter distances, it was a least a good test of where I am.  Which is... out of shape. lol

Docket_Rocket

Good job, Oski.  Every race is a teaching lesso..

Damaris

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Thanks LRB. I never consider my run distances that impressive. Idk. to me I just run an insane amount. I think new runners or those getting pr's etc are more impressive.

Marjorie

LRB

Splits were:

That is not bad at all!  There people who would kill for a sub-30:00, and you are already in line for much better!

I am sure you were feeling it at the end though, them 5k's be hurtin' lol!

Good for you!

Hip Redux

That is not bad at all!  There people who would kill for a sub-30:00, and you are already in line for much better!

I am sure you were feeling it at the end though, them 5k's be hurtin' lol!

Good for you!

Thanks Smile   Yeah, it's good in the grand scheme of things, but I felt like h-e-l-l.   Off my PR by two minutes, but since I knew I was unprepared for the race, it's ok.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Great job! On my last all-out 5K, my PR race and first sub-30 (in fact 14 seconds different from your time today!) I have something similar happen with my splits. I wanted to give it everything I had and definitely went out too fast the first mile and faded quite a bit. But now I know, and am working on pacing a little better. I had not run a 5K at maximum effort on a non-hilly course since November, so I really wanted to experiment and see how fast I could really go. My fade after the first mile was educational for me and I hope it will help me pace better in the future. You live, you run, you learn. You did great!

I'm having a hard time keeping up with all the RRs today!  Big grin

So I did a 5k this morning.  Crash and burn. lol

Splits were:

This is sort of my baseline number for now, coming off injury.  My first 5k for 2013 was a beast of a hilly route, and it's hard to compare that to the rest of the races I might do this year.   Since I'm concentrating on shorter distances, it was a least a good test of where I am.  Which is... out of shape. lol

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to