Beginners and Beyond

Marathon Training and Weight Gain (Read 110 times)

LRB

Other than taking a picture in the same group and not recognizing each other like last year!

That is still unbelievable that that happened!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I have yet to train for or run a marathon. But in training for a half, I have found that once my long runs reached 9, 10, 11 miles I want to eat ALL THE THINGS and I am guilty of allowing myself a LOT of leeway with my food intake. II fond myself justifying giving into my crazy hunger and saying things to myself like: "Oh you have 11 miles tomorrow, you NEED carbs, it's FINE to be eating pizza for lunch and pasta for dinner!" "Psssssht I just ran 10 miles and burned 1000+ calories I can totally afford to have these beers....and wings....and mozzarella sticks....and onion rings....ok and nachos and fries and burger and ice cream!!!" I feel SO HUNGRY when I run more and let myself make bad decisions. Definitely need to get back on the bandwagon! I think I am going to go back on Weight Watchers and just make sure I am logging all my runs into Activity Points so I am taking in enough calories to fuel my runs, but making myself more accountable for my crazy eating binges after long runs....

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

You Rang?

Hoping I get to see you there (and leaner!)  Other than taking a picture in the same group and not recognizing each other like last year!

That was kinda funny.  I respectfully suggest that the starting pen of any runDisney event is NOT a good place to meet anyone, unless of course the person you want to meet is one of the 25,000 or so random strangers who gave the mouse big bucks to run.

Perhaps Docket should plan the FE for the 2014 Mickey Marathon.

Rick 

PR: 5k 25:01 (10/15) 10k: 57:44 (7/14) HM: 1:57 (5/15) FM: 4:55 (1/15)

Docket_Rocket

I've always met people there without issue.  It's you!

With an antisocial husband, I cannot promise an FE.  Having said that, I might drive solo this time around so I might get to do that.

That was kinda funny.  I respectfully suggest that the starting pen of any runDisney event is NOT a good place to meet anyone, unless of course the person you want to meet is one of the 25,000 or so random strangers who gave the mouse big bucks to run.

Perhaps Docket should plan the FE for the 2014 Mickey Marathon.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page