Beginners and Beyond

FRIDAILIES: What Happens When the Golden Goose Is on the Loose (Read 67 times)

Cool WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREADCool 

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners (from injury, to running, to RA). We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay awhile (not literally!) And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours around here.

I'm heading to the TM in half an hour for 3.0 miles at recovery pace, 5.2mph (11:32). 'poll do what I did Monday: four minutes at a 1.0 incline, eight minutes at a 10.0 incline, three minutes at a 1.0 incline, eight minutes at a 10.0 incline, finishing at a 1.0 incline unkola the mileage goal for the workout is reached. I already did push-ups, so that's out of the way. I'll just need to do ab work.

When I can do a mile at a 10.0 incline, Mount Scopus at mile nineteen won't seem so intimidating:/

LRB

Supp!

A 10 incline?  Oh my.  a million years when I used to walk on the treadmill (yes, I did that), I would walk up a 10 incline but I have never tried to run it.  Enjoy that!

Me, I am still only running four days a week so today is a rest day, but I will take the opportunity to focus solely on my hip adductors & abductors.  While the 13 myrtle exercises are great, I am only going to do a couple of them this morning but for multiple sets.  Those are lateral leg swings, and lateral leg lifts with resistance bands.

That will really zero in on those areas, I'll also do some type of lateral walks or lunges to really get the burn going.

@runjerseygirl

Hitting the elliptical today at lunch.  I can't wait to get some real cardio in.  I feel like a slug!

Do you even run?

Rick, don't worry. I did all three miles at a 1.5 incline. My legs were not up to another round of hill repeats.

Kay, have fun on the elliptical. How is your foot feeling?

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Good Morning Friday Goslings!

Basaya - sounds like an uphill battle!

LRB - do you do all the myrtle exercises with a theraband? I tried incorporating the band in there, but some are "challenging" like the donkey kick.

Kay - after reading some of your other workouts, the elliptical sounds like an easy day!

Yesterday I did legs and abs at the gym, came home and did 90 minutes on the bike trainer, some planks, 2 glasses of red wine, and 1 giant chocolate chip cookie! Yes, my wife surprised me - I was in the shower and she came into the bathroom and left real quick. When I got out there was a giant chocolate chip cookie sitting on the vanity!

Today I have 1 mile scheduled! Better one than none!

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  Still asleep but I managed to run with Marjorie at the godawful hour of 5am.  Off to work.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

Basaya - sounds like an uphill battle!

That was funny!

Yes, I keep the band on for all 13 exercises.  Donkey whips are the most awkward movement of them all, and the band kind of rolls up to the thighs, but the resistance is definitely there.

I started the exercises without a band, did a few sessions then moved to yellow, then red and now in week six, I am on the green band, with only the blue and black bands remaining.

Enjoy your 1 mile run, I remember my second one last month.  I felt like a million dollar bill after it!

Mostly harmless

Good morning.  Today I have 8 miles to run on my lunch break.  I guess it's going to be a longish lunch!  The training plan (Pfitz 18/55) calls for 8X100M Strides as well but I might skip those because I screwed up my schedule and did strides on Wednesday.

A year ago I would have laughed if you told me a "recovery week" ended with a 14 mile run but that's what's on the schedule (for tomorrow) and it really does feel like a light week!

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

YAYpril - B-Plus

Morning!

I bought french vanilla bread at Wegmans last night so I made french toast out of it. Oh my goodness... delectable.

I'm running with my RP tonight. Distance TBD - probably 5-6.

flarunner

Mornin' Daily Peeps!

Holy 15 degree drop in temperature, Batman!

Did a 5 mile easy run this morning. It was 49.8* when I left and 47.7* when I got back. Shocked

Have a great day everyone!. Stay warm. Stay dry. Stay loose.

Robert31320

Team TJ

Morning.  Still asleep but I managed to run with Marjorie at the godawful hour of 5am.  Off to work.

I love running at that time of day, NO TRAFFIC!

Thanks to a really nice head cold, I'll be resting today.  Have a race tomorrow so I hope it clears up some today.

Running for TJ because he can't.

Just B.S.

Morning Dailies. Not sure if a run will happen today as we are going out of town for the day. Not going to be

outdoors at any rate since the "feels like" is -16F, will be even colder at 6pm and even I draw the line

somewhere.

Just a quick recap from yesterday. Swam morning 1 hour. Ran in the afternoon 5 miles. Went to coached

with in the evening with hubby for an hour. It felt great and was my best swim yet!!. I was cranking out the

laps!

My secret is partically revealed!!!!!!!!!!

Made a big decision on our next trip. Short verion- 25 friends and runners - Fall Marathon - Hubby's 50th Bday - EuropeBig grin

Gotta run because we are going out of town for the day!

Behave and if you can't behave at least make it worthwhile!

delicate flower

OMG Friday lol HOORAY!!!  Looking forward to a three day weekend...although I'll be doing some more work-from-home.  Stupid W-2 processing.

30 minutes on the elliptical last night.  My treadmill attempt was a big ol' FAIL.  I got about a half mile at 13:00 pace and my knee decided that was enough.  It's kind of a helpless feeling to be completely unable to run.  I'll give it a few days before I try again.  At least I can bike and elliptical, so I'll keep hitting those hard.  I'm going to ask about my MRI results today.  It's unlikely they'll have anything for me after only two days, but it's worth checking with a long weekend looming.  I just want to know how bad it is.

I have to give a presentation to leadership at 10:30 this morning.  I am sure I'll sound like a bumbling idiot, because that's how I roll.

<3

StepbyStep-SH

Basya - Your hill workouts intimidate me!
                                Gustav - You have an awesome wife! Hope the 1-mile goes well.
                                Baboon - Sorry to hear that.

Everyone else - Hi!

Due to family schedule, I need to fit this week's long run in today, which will be tough after yesterday's run and workout. But I'll just keep it slow and easy, though my plan calls for making the last 15 minutes of it a moderate effort. I'll see what my body is willing to give me at that point. First, though, volunteering in DS's class with small group reading.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.