Beginners and Beyond

RR: Great Bay 5K - Goal Race for the year (Read 76 times)

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Congratulations on the progress and the race.  It sounds like you're heading in the right direction!

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Congrats on your race and even bigger congrats on all the progress you've made, you have come a long way!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Congrats, Granite.

I know that sub-30 was important to you, and you got it.  Great job!

TakeAHike

Nicely done Granite.  It is definitely not easy to get back into running, especially when you remember it being easy when you were younger. You have made tremendous progress. Congrats.

2013 goals: 800m: 2:20 | mile: 4:59 | 5k: 18:59 | 10k: 39:59 | HM: 1:32 | Marathon: 3:20

meaghansketch

Congrats on such a great result in your goal race!  I think your sub-60 10K goal should definitely be achievable in the next year.  Keep working at it!

SheCan

*LOVE*

This is such a fun success story.  Your enthusiasm and excitement about this race is so palpable, it was a joy to read.  Congratulations to you for achieving your goals, and even if you do occasionally limp a little now and then, I think you're going to take your running a long way.  I'm sure your wife and family are very proud of you.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Pinktastic

Way to go, Granite!   You've got a wonderful success story here, and I think you've got a lot more successes coming in your future.   Keep up the great work!   Thanks for sharing!

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

Docket_Rocket

I missed this last weekend!  Congrats!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

RabbitChaser

Great job sticking to your plan and running a strong race! Congrats on achieving your sub-30:00 goal! Thanks for sharing the RR.

Zelanie

Congrats again.  I just wanted to say that it's funny, but a sub-60 10K was my next goal after getting my sub-30 5K.  And I did it on the first try. Smile  Knowing that you're already halfway there is such a good feeling, isn't it?  Good luck!

Antipodean

Great story and great achievement, Granite! You've got the best motivation to keep on running, lose the weight and beat your young self! I've lowered my (old lady) 5k PR by almost a minute this year, but I'm still chasing my 20+ year old PR and have less than 30 seconds to go now. It's fun, healthy and addictive, isn't it!

Julie

"It's not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves."

~ Sir Edmund Hillary

Just B.S.

Granite, big congrats on achieving this important goal!!