Beginners and Beyond

Saratoga Palio Melanie Merola O'Donnell HM RR (Read 59 times)

From the Internet.

Congrats SF! You're a half marathoner now! Big grin

I sympathize with you on the post-race GI distress. I was horribly nauseous all night after my 10 mile race in July, pretty well turned me off of longer distances for the rest of the year :P 5K pain might be worse in the moment, but at least the lingering nausea doesn't happen. My next 10 mile/HM attempt will be with a dose of Immodium before the start of the race!

outoftheblue

Congrats on your debut HM!  It's good to see you smiling in those pictures.  And, yeah, running can wreck havoc on you GI.  Glad to hear that you are feeling better now.

Life is good.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Congrats, SF. You will never forget your first time (running a HM, I mean).  Like Jerry said, go out and sign up for another one!

Bin Running

Congrats on your first, SF.. Can't view the photos on office PC.. WIll check out later.. Sign on another.. Smile

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

hog4life

I visited Saratoga when I was younger, it's beautiful there. Congrats on the finish, your pics are all really good.

on my way to badass

Thanks for the comments everyone!  The zoom on the photo viewer didn't work for me when I first tried it.  Seems to be working now.  I'm not sure I like HMs yet.  I think my next goal will be to get under 1 hour in a 10K (I really like that distance).  Losing 20 pounds would probably go a long way towards some speed.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

Congrats SF!  Well-written report, hope you recover quickly.