Beginners and Beyond

LRBs post your Sept miles here Thread (Read 52 times)

LRB

After all the begging we had to do for it, now it seems anticlimactic. 

Exactly.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

After all the begging we had to do for it, now it seems anticlimactic. 

Thats what she said...

happylily

Thats what she said...

YOU GUYS STOP IT!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

YOU GUYS STOP IT!

Raspspap... Oh you love it.
          StepbyStep-SH

Are we still taking miles? Or were we ever?

Anyway, 170-something. Meh. No motivation.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

happylily

Are we still taking miles? Or were we ever?

Anyway, 170-something. Meh. No motivation.

I, for one, WAS talking about LRB's miles. It's those two guys, Dave and Sly, they make jokes which I do not fully understand and which I suspect are not family friendly. I think I am being mocked and abused. Moderators, help!

Step. 170 miles is a lot for someone not training for anything specific. I think we all have this tendency to put ourselves down because we compare ourselves to other runners here, most of them much more obsessed with running that the average runner in North America. It's not always a good thing.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

StepbyStep-SH

I, for one, WAS talking about LRB's miles. It's those two guys, Dave and Sly, they make jokes which I do not fully understand and which I suspect are not family friendly. I think I am being mocked and abused. Moderators, help!

Step. 170 miles is a lot for someone not training for anything specific. I think we all have this tendency to put ourselves down because we compare ourselves to other runners here, most of them much more obsessed with running that the average runner in North America. It's not always a good thing.

Thanks for the support. I think my "meh" comes mostly due to weeks where I just couldn't even get myself out the door. One week only had 2 runs (granted, one of them was 20 miles ... though I don't think that fits the accepted wisdom regarding long run as a % of total weekly mileage), and this week I have only run 3x5 miles so far, and not feeling like getting up and running in wind/rain/snow/dark tomorrow morning.

Hopefully I will get my new work routine figured out and be able to find a way to commit to something in the spring working around DH's travel and 80-hour work weeks. Maybe that will help.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.