Beginners and Beyond

"World's Best Beer" available temporarily in U.S. (Read 439 times)

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

It ain't any good to me if I can't have any. But I just had 2 Belgian Ales. Palm Special Ale and Leffe Brown. I tell you what, that Leffe Brown was awesome!

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

bobinpittsburgh

Lord of the Manor

It ain't any good to me if I can't have any. But I just had 2 Belgian Ales. Palm Special Ale and Leffe Brown. I tell you what, that Leffe Brown was awesome!

Leffe Brown is the go-to beer at our house.

If I could make a wish I think I'd pass

Any closet home brewers on the forum? Working on an English Pale Ale and Cranberry Wheat for Christmas myself.

They'll tell you that failure is not an option.  That's ridiculous.  Failure is always an option.  It is the easiest and most readily available option.  It's your choice though.

Mr MattM

Any closet home brewers on the forum? Working on an English Pale Ale and Cranberry Wheat for Christmas myself.

I used to brew... all grain... then dumped all the brewing equipment after a divorce.  I did everything but roast my own grains.  Lots of work, but also lots of fun!  Sometimes I miss it, but with so much micro-brewed stuff available these days I'm content.  Back then (early 90s) there wasn't nearly the availability of brew that there is today.

be curious; not judgmental

I used to brew... all grain... then dumped all the brewing equipment after a divorce.  I did everything but roast my own grains.  Lots of work, but also lots of fun!  Sometimes I miss it, but with so much micro-brewed stuff available these days I'm content.  Back then (early 90s) there wasn't nearly the availability of brew that there is today.

Great point about microbrews - seems like a new one is popping up every day. My brother-in-law started dabbling with all grain, but I'm still using extract kits. There's just something about being able to produce 5 gallons of fairly tasty beer for ~$40 that is quite alluring. 

I've recently started making hop substitutions with a few kits, and the cranberry is my first attempt at a fruit beer. We'll see - I don't have high expectations. 

They'll tell you that failure is not an option.  That's ridiculous.  Failure is always an option.  It is the easiest and most readily available option.  It's your choice though.

delicate flower

I used to, but quit brewing and quit drinking because I was getting fat.  I brewed with extract kits.  I liked brewing porters and stouts the best because they were the hardest to screw up.   

<3

I used to, but quit brewing and quit drinking because I was getting fat.  I brewed with extract kits.  I liked brewing porters and stouts the best because they were the hardest to screw up.   

Hopefully, I'm not hijacking this thread with homebrew talk, but I get really excited talking about beer.

I'm with you on the stouts and porters, especially this time of year, a dark beer just seems to fit. This past year I've moved IPA's to the top of my list. Just recently enjoyed this 'Arctic Panzer Wolf' from 3 Floyds Brewery. It's a double IPA with 9.5% ABV and 100 IBU. Amazing.

Love the Half

If there were any available in my area, I'd sure as hell pick it up.  Unfortunately, it's not so I won't.  Then again, I'll be in Canton this weekend and there are a couple of places in the Cleveland area that have it.  I'm willing to waste a phone call to see if perchance they have it.  I think the likelihood is slim to non-existent but you never know.  From everything I have read, there is essentially no difference between the Westvleteren 12 and the St. Bernardus Abt 12 other than scarcity.  On BeerAdvocate.com, the Bros give the St. Bernardus a slightly higher rating than the Westvleteren while the masses go the other way.  Then again, we're talking about 96 vs 100.  

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

I do extract, will be brewing an IPA and a APA soon, already have the recipes, the APA is a SNPA clone. Have you stopped into the Drinkers With a Running Problem forum yet, few homebrewers there also.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/DWARP/

Canuck

Apparently stores around Vancouver started getting this in a couple of days ago.  I'll have to check a few of the locals, although I wouldn't be surprised if it is already sold out.

PRs: 47:54 (10K); 1:46:36 (HM); 3:50:52 (FM)

Recovering from injured knee (PCL/Lateral Meniscus)

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

Tempted to order some st. Bernardus abt 12 but what if it sucks?

Too many beers.?... Too little time.

Randy

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

I do all grain home brewing. I have also made my own recipes and grown my own hops. There is nothing like brewing with freshly picked hops!

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

mucknort

Hopefully, I'm not hijacking this thread with homebrew talk, but I get really excited talking about beer.

Are you kidding me? The whole point of this thread was to call out the beer aficianados of this forum, be it connisourer or home brewer!

Adam_McAllen

Beer-and-waffle Powered

Apparently it sold out insanely fast in Toronto.

In the words of my late-coach : Just hang in there, relax... and at the end of a race anyone you see.....just pass them

BradyS71

Fast Penquin

Gah closest place to me is north of Springfield Mass... Babbon you work up that way don't you?   hmmmm since my wife hasn't gotten me a christmas gift yet....

Tick: I'm sure millions of viewers out there are just wondering what it's like to wear the tights of justice. Well, it's tingly and it's uncomfortable, but it gets the job done and, oh, the job of it.