Beginners and Beyond

Anything special for Saturday, Penguins? (Read 25 times)

Dad on the run.

Hey everyone! No huge plans for us today. Going to go to the movies here in a couple hours and watch Iron Man 3. Plan on a few miles tonight, maybe 3 or 4. Leg still isnt 100% but its a lot better. Not sure how well its going to hold up for 6.2 miles but we will see. I'm not a big fan of meds but I make take something Monday morning before the race :/.

Did 3 slow miles last night and WOW was I stiff. Definitely don't need to go several days without running again when all I do is sit all day at my job.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

She Can: on the subject of movies, DW and I watched Silver Linings Playbook last night. It was quite good, I thought. Hmmmm... Drums and the headband... It might happen, someday. Smile

Ginny: the music will be fun. It's a city picnic thing, I get paid, and it's only an hour!

N-Bug

Will run for beer.

Quick check in gang... the race went EXCELLENT.  I am tired and sore.  My goal was 2:30, my gun time was 2:19:09.  I am estimating my chip time to be 2:16:36 or close to that.  That is what my watch and phone both recorded.

Mmmmm...beer

Great job Vance!

Quick check-in for me too, I'll try to get a RR up later.  PR'd, but not by much, 40:59, 36 second PR, I'll take it. Smile  My legs were definitely pretty stale after almost no running for the last couple of weeks, but the good news is that my hip is fine, so now I can get back to work!  OK5K coming up in two weeks, that was my very first race, so I can't wait to run it again!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Zelanie

Well MIL called and is interested in another hike, so I think I am headed out again.  I was going to walk anyway, so it will be good to have company.

Cherie- I haven't seen Oblivion yet just because I can't bear to watch Tom Cruise in anything.  We're hoping to watch Star Trek this weekend, maybe tomorrow.

Coralie- Hope your day goes well, whatever you decide.

Jack- Good idea to take a RD when needed.  Enjoy the BBQ!

Ginny- They didn't tell me how many days I could run, and I didn't ask. Wink  I have a distance limit of 2 miles, and I'll stick to that until my next appt.  For now I'm trying to do 4-5ish times a week, counting any running at my appointments.  I guess if the knee holds then I'll stick with that.

Jimmy- Enjoy the movie!  Hope the leg holds up for your race.  I think there's been some talk about meds maybe being dangerous before a race.  I don't know the details, but it might be worth checking into.

Vance- Way to SMASH your goal!  Nice job!

D2- Glad the hip is good, and congrats on the PR!

hog4life

Dave and Vance, congrats on the races! Sounds like you guy did well.

Ginny, IMO, I would run tomorrow. But keep the pace slow an be prepared to cut it short if you need to. I've done 2 "hard" runs back to back and survived, so I know you can too. Ya know, it's wierd, I've never had a shoe lace come untied. I once watch that shoe tying video on RW, and it really seems to work. Have you seen it?

I'm still resting my knee, and will continue to do so for several more days. It feels good today. The temps are very hot here in SW Arkansas. FIL seems to be okay for the time, but wants to seek out another opinion.

Zelanie

Back from my hike.  Mia got separated from us somehow and we spent maybe 40 minutes looking for her before DH got a call from the shelter that somebody had turned her in.  They got our number from her microchip.  Very scary, but we're glad she was OK.  She didn't have a collar on because Zoe always bites her collar and once even got stuck to where Mia was choking a bit.  But maybe we need to get her a harness or something for tags that doesn't go around her neck.

In the end, Mia beat us home, because the shelter is close to our house and DH went to get her.  Apparently the people said she came up to them in the parking lot, and told the shelter that she was very nice and that they'd be happy to keep her if nobody came for her.  We're so glad she's home safely though!  She must have high-tailed it back to the car as soon as she got separated from us, because the shelter is almost a half hour from the forest, and we had barely been missing her for that long.

Sloooow.

2 miles done on the treadmill, before I got so pissed off at it being so hot in the house, I stomped off near tears. Partner says, "go run outside". It's hotter outside! 80F at bloody 8pm. Nonetheless, ran to the highway and back for 2.3 miles. Despite the heat, it was so nice feeling air pass over me. I don't get that on the treadmill. Hot and sweaty, and I always feel like a split run is worthless. Miss Miserable seems to be the theme of my week, lol.

Zelanie- I'm glad you found your dog, that must've been scary for both of you. I'm glad she's OK, thank goodness for microchips!

Mitch- Hope your knee continues to feel better. Injuries suck.

GinnyinPA

Coralie, can you set up a fan in front of the TM?  Mine has a decent fan on it, but the stationary bike doesn't, and the only way I can use it when it's hot is if I put the big fan on.

Zelanie - I'm glad you were able to get your dog back.  It's scary when they disappear and you're nowhere near home.  It happened to me once, years ago, and I remember how frantic I was.  That's why microchips are such a good idea.  I've run into several dogs while hiking. One followed me for miles and I was able to get it to it's owner.  Another had been out for a while, and she let me feed her, but ran away when I tried to catch hold of her.

Bin Running

Great job, Vance and Dave.

Ginny, indoor track but partial exposure to elements. Haa

Havent watched oblivion but iron man 3 is good!

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Sloooow.

Ginny, it has a little fan on the treadmill, but you're right. I need a gale force wind box fan, haha. That will be my next step. Heat drama queen right here.