Beginners and Beyond

New Spring Running Gear: Post Your pics! (Read 185 times)

LRB

Among a few other items, singlets by New Balance and Pearl Izumi, and I finally got the Lunarglide 4 Shield.

Wha cha got?

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

I can't get the perspective on that Pearl singlet, but I think it looks pretty sweet.

I'm too lazy for the pic posting feature on this site.  I got the LunaRacer 3 and the Hoka Stinson though...how's that for a dichotomy?  I also picked up a pair of Nike Thermal tights on post-season clearance (although they're actually from the winter 2013 line and the owner was kind enough to sell them since my size in the old ones was out).

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

The best thing about being in my first year of running is each season has been my first time running that season and I have needed new gear. Just started buying some things to get ready for later spring/early summer. I will get pics later Smile

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

happylily

I'm too lazy to post pictures as well, but my Spring running gear will include 3 items from this page, after April 15th!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

I can't get the perspective on that Pearl singlet, but I think it looks pretty sweet.

It literally weighs one ounce!

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

I'm too lazy to post pictures as well, but my Spring running gear will include 3 items from this page, after April 15th!

I'd vote for the tights, the half zip, and something else. Although, I don't know if you'd need tights with all the TM work.

LRB...nice. I'd be worried about black being hot though...but I am sick of getting everything in standard blue.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

LRB

...but I am sick of getting everything in standard blue.

Dig it.  My summer gear is usually white with black accents, but I felt it was time to switch up a bit for the same reason.

I don't think it will be a problem since we race before high sun around here, but I will be monitoring it nevertheless.

cmb4314

LRB...nice. I'd be worried about black being hot though...but I am sick of getting everything in standard blue.

I always used to worry about that, but I have a dark navy shirt that I got from a race and it's one of my favorite things to wear - I don't find that I notice a temperature difference between it and my lighter colored shirts.

I have a brand new pair of Adrenaline 13s that I bought the week before I broke my ankle, so those are waiting for me.  Excited to see if I like this latest iteration of them.

As a reward to myself when I can run again, I think I will have to go and get something new.  I haven't bought a new pair of shorts in about 2 years, and haven't bought a new short sleeved shirt in nearly 3 (though, I did get a free shirt from Brooks this winter when I ordered mittens/capri tights from their website).  I haven't even gotten a free short sleeved race shirt since June of 2011.  My stuff is getting kind of gross.  I think I can spring for something.

My wildly inconsistent PRs:

5k: 24:36 (10/20/12)  

10k: 52:01 (4/28/12)  

HM: 1:50:09 (10/27/12)

Marathon: 4:19:11 (10/2/2011) 

delicate flower

Between the holidays and being on IR now, I have not bought any new gear in months.  I will live vicariously through you all.  And DW...she's  running again and has been buying things.

<3

Village people

I bought this shirt.

Sorry, it is huge so I deleted it.

Walk-Jogger

Only thing new I've gotten in the past few weeks is a boring long-sleeve tech-T and  a beer glass from my last race.

I did recently notice that my one white sleeveless running top has somehow become a mysteriously shade of pink. It must have got washed with something red. I don't wear pink, so I guess I need to go shopping for a replacement...

Retired &  Loving It

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

I picked up a pair of Nike Free 4.0 V2 about a month ago:

I just picked up a pair of Brooks PureConnect. They are light and definitely have a firm ride:

- Andrew

Mmmmm...beer

Haven't picked up any new clothes yet, need some medium singlets tho, still using my larges from last summer.  Did get a pair of Fastwitchs recently, and will be ordering up some Mirages on clearance, and a pair of Type A5s (not on clearance, but I want 'em bad!).

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

GC100k

the Hoka Stinson

Saw those at a race expo and wanted so much to try them, but Hoka doesn't make large sizes.

Discrimination!

I have an infinite supply of t-shirts, don't know that I'll ever buy "running gear" or a "singlet".

Just B.S.

Bought myself one of these sweet tri suits Monday. The blue one.

Technically it's for triathlons but I will run  1/3 of the race so this counts as running gear right?Smile

Perhaps this summer I will post a photo of me wearing this racing a tri!

Also bought 5 swimsuits last week. Seems when you are swimming 5-6 hours/week chlorine rot sets in

quickly and they don't last long.