Beginners and Beyond

Tell us an interesting (NRR) fact about yourself! (Read 188 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

My great-great-grandfather was a professional magician known as Reno the Great.

So he really was a GREAT grandfather!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Not an interesting fact but I am very shy in person.

And I am not kidding.

Uh huh.  And I am withdrawn and a TOTAL introvert...  Wink

You don't strike me as the shy type, Damaris.    If so, please work on it because you are someone worth knowing and have a lot to offer, IMHO.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

That's what the personal flotation device is for.Big grin I can't roll one but I do practice taking off the

cover quickly and having an exit strategy..

Having said that I don't ocean kayak but our river is very wide and deep (the photo is in a protected cove)

and I've been caught a few times in pretty rough water and big swells. I was happy as hell to get to land

but I didn't capsize. I always figure as long as I can see land I can swim there.

I'd just scream in terror very loudly a helluva lot!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I'm not that interesting. In fact, I'm happy I run a  bunch  of races now, so I actually have a hobby other than reading books, working a ton, and avidly watching a few TV shows and sports. But let's see....

I love karaoke, but can't sing, so I often perform 90s or early 2000s rap songs....

umm Jackie Coogan, who played Uncle Fester in the Addams Family, is my grandmother's cousin

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

MrNamtor

I was banned by scrape (with a period) from L&O within 3 minutes of joining. That might be a record.

Also, I have double jointed thumbs and I can remember being an infant and sleeping in a crib.

Better I Leave

I was banned by scrape (with a period) from L&O within 3 minutes of joining. That might be a record.

You too Nam?

MrNamtor

don't try to top me PG. You survived almost the better part of a day

Also, I have double jointed thumbs and I can remember being an infant and sleeping in a crib.

Geez, hard to imagine you saying something to offend someone. Roll eyes

And I wonder what kind of crazy thumb-sucking you must have been doing in that crib.

Dave

Better I Leave

don't try to top me PG. You survived almost the better part of a day

LMAO!

MrNamtor

And I wonder what kind of crazy thumb-sucking you must have been doing in that crib.

You don't want to know my friend. It was a living hell. And I was always losing my teddy bear on top of everything else

RSX

That's hard to do. I can only talk about my webbed toes or having no first cousins ever.

Motormouse

Proud Aussie

I once memorized Pi to the 500th placing just to see how good a certain card counting mnemonic actually was.

Goal: BQ or Bust.  (Done: BQ -5mins July 2014)

Selecting new goal.........

adkkev

socially awkward, painfully shy, a bit of a loner.  Of course none of that is very interesting at all, eh?

Zelanie

Was it the one where you put the things you want to remember in a house?

I once memorized Pi to the 500th placing just to see how good a certain card counting mnemonic actually was.

MrNamtor

That's hard to do. I can only talk about my webbed toes or having no first cousins ever.

Yes, but having webbed toes would be impossible for me, so i had to go another route.

It's a shame you never had first cousins btw because they probably would have been born with webbed toes. Eventually your family genes could have helped change the human race into an aquatic species