Beginners and Beyond

Friday Penguins Soar with Eagles(or just have ice cream) (Read 26 times)

PADRunner

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

PADRunner

Today is American Eagle Day!

Today is National Ice Cream Soda Day!

Today is National Vanilla Milkshake Day!

Today is World Refugee Day!

4 miles done this morning in the soup.

obiebyke

Morning, PAD. Today's a RD in preparation for what I hope can be 10 tomorrow. The weather has been so terrible--mudslides and floods--that I might be out of luck. Going to enjoy the day off.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Docket_Rocket

Morning! Count me in for ice cream.  6-9 miles tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Brilliant

Good morning!  Headed out for 7 or so.

SheCan

I want ice cream, too!

Headed to the gym.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Hello PAD, Obie, DR, Brilliant, and Cherie and Peeps.

Just took a short walk w/dw.  No running today.  Going to try a 10 miler tomorrow. Must be on the same plan as Obie.

Now we have to figure out where to go for lunch.  Maybe have a vanilla shake instead of a beer...lol.  DD gave me an "a la card" for father's day, so we have 52 places to choose from.

Have a great weekend   

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Today is American Eagle Day!

Today is National Ice Cream Soda Day!

Today is National Vanilla Milkshake Day!

Today is World Refugee Day!

4 miles done this morning in the soup.

So I'm here on the internet as a refugee from work, gulping down my ice cream soda and vanilla milkshake and my eagle keeps peering down at me from his perch as if he can 'mindset' me into giving him something. 

Good luck with the 10 tomorrow, Obiebyke, hope the weather cooperates for you.  Stay safe!  Mud slides, yuck....

Good luck with the miles tonite, Damaris.

Headed out for 7 or so.  Well, Brilliant, i think you should get the 7 done instead of so-ing. Run first, sew later..

If you had a great workout, Cherie, reward your self with some ice cream!

Or...you could do all 52 places, Jerry, and just eat one small item at each one.    Good luck with your 10 tomorrow.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

From the Internet.

Hi pens! 1 mile warmup on the treadmill and weights today. Long run tomorrow. This marks 7 days in a row of running for me - two of those were super short (0.6 Monday and today's mile), but still Smile Will probably give my legs Sunday off and then back into it next week!

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens...

Not much going on today. DD had a swim meet this morning so I will go out for a few miles later tonight. I have a 5k in the morning so the miles will be easy. Ok, see ya.

SheCan

Scotty-- "If you had a great workout, Cherie, reward your self with some ice cream! "

Well I did 7 miles at the gym and a bit on the rowing machine.  Felt great, and I rewarded myself with yesterday's leftover asparagus- yum!!!! Does that count?

Jerry--- "Maybe have a vanilla shake instead of a beer...lol. "

Oh no!  Now you're sounding like, hmmmm, certain people, who think shakes count as an acceptable beverage for a meal.   Okay, you're skinny, you're allowed!

Lauren-- awesome job!  You must be feeling pretty good if you're running every day.

Jack-- good luck with your race tomorrow!

7 miles on the TM and some time on the rowing machine.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Brilliant

I did my 7 this morning.  Then this afternoon I was out with my daughter and blurted out: Did you know today is Vanilla Milkshake Day?  Yeah, she knew.  So we got vanilla milkshakes. Smile

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens...

3 very warm miles done with DD.

Brilliant: You guys should join me tomorrow for a 5k. It's at the Cerritos mall off the 605.

She Can: Thanks, I will do my best. Smile

Brilliant

Hi Pens...

3 very warm miles done with DD.

Brilliant: You guys should join me tomorrow for a 5k. It's at the Cerritos mall off the 605.

She Can: Thanks, I will do my best. Smile

Whoops, too late.  Have a good race.