Beginners and Beyond

Keurig peeps! (Read 120 times)

Jess runs for bacon

What are your favorite K cups? I'm digging the Barista Italian Roast right now. It's usually $10 a pack but they had it on sale with one of those coupon spit out things, so I got them for $6. I will be very sad when they go off sale.

@runjerseygirl

Donut Shop.  Sweet heaven in a cup!

Do you even run?

Chloey

Run Like a Mother

I am cheap so we do the Tully's that Costco carries and the Decaf you can get from Costco.com.  Over the holidays we were visiting someone who had Kirckland brand k cups.  I can't wait for our Costco to get those.  They were good and even cheaper yet.

Jess runs for bacon

I had that in my freebie pack, but they don't have it at my grocer. Alas!

Chloey, no Costco around here, but my friend says Sam's Club has them.

cmb4314

I am cheap so we do the Tully's that Costco carries and the Decaf you can get from Costco.com.  Over the holidays we were visiting someone who had Kirckland brand k cups.  I can't wait for our Costco to get those.  They were good and even cheaper yet.

We are even cheaper - we have a reusable K-cup, and buy coffee grounds.

I don't drink much coffee, just tea, so I have basically started using it as a quick way to brew a cup of hot water on top of a tea bag.

I don't think we've bought any K-cups in over a year now.

My wildly inconsistent PRs:

5k: 24:36 (10/20/12)  

10k: 52:01 (4/28/12)  

HM: 1:50:09 (10/27/12)

Marathon: 4:19:11 (10/2/2011) 

Jess runs for bacon

I have one of those cmb, but the only time I used it so far it came out terrible. I used hand ground beans and I think the grind was too coarse.

@runjerseygirl

You can get it at Bed Bath and Beyond, and use a 20% off coupon.  Or you can sign up for the delivery service.  It's pretty reasonable in relation to buying them at the store, and if you order enough at a time, you can get free shipping.

Do you even run?

cmb4314

I have one of those cmb, but the only time I used it so far it came out terrible. I used hand ground beans and I think the grind was too coarse.

That is very possible.  My husband buys his coffee at a local chain here, and he told them he had the Keurig mesh thing, and they ground it accordingly.  They grind it pretty fine, and he packs it in there pretty good to get a strong enough cup.  The K-cups generally aren't strong enough for him, so he likes doing it this way.

My wildly inconsistent PRs:

5k: 24:36 (10/20/12)  

10k: 52:01 (4/28/12)  

HM: 1:50:09 (10/27/12)

Marathon: 4:19:11 (10/2/2011) 

The Golden French Toast and Wild Mountain Blueberry are my favoritest . Lately I've been using the reusable k cup. I found a Michigan Cherry flavored coffee at Meijer that's really good too.

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

Not quite right

Amazon has decent price too

Hip Redux

This is what I do too.  Those cups are expensive and I get a really nice cup of coffee (dark!!) with my reusable one.

That is very possible.  My husband buys his coffee at a local chain here, and he told them he had the Keurig mesh thing, and they ground it accordingly.  They grind it pretty fine, and he packs it in there pretty good to get a strong enough cup.  The K-cups generally aren't strong enough for him, so he likes doing it this way.

Green Mountain Kenyan is my fav.

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

I jut gotta say, I ain't feelin the donut shop.  If you look on amazon, donut shop has the single largest following of any kcup in the whole line of kcups.....but.......it just doesn't do anything for me.

Now, the following are some seriously good coffees IMHO.......

Green mountain extra bold

GM Nantucket

Kahlua

GM Caramel vanilla

Gloria jeans hazelnut

Tully's house blend

Even the GM Newman's Bold is good and I'm not usually a fan of hard/strong coffee.

Donuts shop, breakfast blend and all those other light (brown water) brews just taste like......well.......brown water! (to me)

If I had to do with just one........it would probably be Nantucket.  It's just a little different than plain Jane coffee, not too strong, not too weak and flavorful enough to make me smile.

I'd probably die if I never had another cup of flavored coffee, but if it really had to be just one, Nantucket owns. Cool

Randy

onemile

Caribou Daybreak Blend

robinde

We are even cheaper - we have a reusable K-cup, and buy coffee grounds.

Ditto.  If we buy cups, it's usually Donut Shop.