Beginners and Beyond

Happy MLK Mondailies! (Read 73 times)

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Cool WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD Cool 

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners (from injury, to running, to RA). We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay awhile (not literally!) And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours around here.

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

May all your dreams come true!

Looks like a lot of folks have off today and are sleeping in - unfortunately I am not one of them. At least traffic will be lighter.

Rest for me today as I will be getting home late.

Oh yeah, coffee is on!

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

Just B.S.

Thanks for starting us out Gustav!

Happy MLK day to my U.S. neighbours!

Off to the pool in a few minutes!

Enjoy your dailies!

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Top of the morning to y'all!

Getting hitched today. No, it's not what you think - I'm getting the trailer receiver installed on my car this morning, then off to work this evening for night shifts.

Take a little time to reflect on the words of Martin Luther King. I'm not convinced that we're fulfilling his dream very well.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

LRB

I need something strong, hot, and sweet and creamy up in this piece....

delicate flower

Goooooood MLK Monday, kiddos!  Company holiday today but I am at work anyway.  'Tis the season for me.  Hopefully I can make this an abbreviated work day though.  Planning more elliptical and who-knows-what this afternoon.

I've got a belly full of venti Americano right now, so I am READY TO GO.

<3

@runjerseygirl

Happy MLK Day, everyone.  Follow your dreams, love your neighbors, and be thankful for what you have.

I need something strong, hot, and sweet and creamy up in this piece....

Here's some coffee love for you, sugar. Smile

I don't know what today holds for me.  Maybe I'll run when the husband gets home tonight.  Maybe I'll just hit the kettle bells this afternoon.  It's still up in the air at this point.

Do you even run?

LRB

Happy MLK Day, everyone.  Follow your dreams, love your neighbors, and be thankful for what you have.

Here's some coffee love for you, sugar. Smile

A girl after my own heart!  Damn that looks good!

Jeepofspades

Morning! Rest day for sure, bumped my LR to 13 miles. Yesterday was my second time running it, wasn't fun, my body just wasn't in it. I pushed through and finished. Then had to fix my cut open my leaking oil tank and scoop all the oil out and put it in the other tank. Back is sure feeling it toady....

YAYpril - B-Plus

Morning! SRD and the office is closed, woo! I need to foam roll later.

StepbyStep-SH

Morning, all! Pass the coffee. DH is out of town, and I'm terrible about staying up late when he is gone. Yawwwwwn.

It is currently -3*, feels like -22*, here. I used to pride myself on running outside in any and all conditions, but today I will gladly head for the Y and the TM after dropping DS off at school (they don't get the holiday off, but have Friday off for the end of the semester). 8 mile fartlek run with about 8x30 secs at 5k pace.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

flarunner

Mornin' Peepsters!

Ran a little race yesterday so I'm switching my days off from yesterday to today.

Here's some vitals:

Time: 1:43:39 (was shooting for a 1:42)

Overall: 28/279

Women: 8/163

Age Group: 1/8 (pays to be an old fart!)

My legs are a tad bit tired, so I'm going to stretch today. A lot.

Have a wonderful day off (or not) today everyone!

Jess runs for bacon

Good morning everyone! Of course, I have to work today. Sigh. It already started out badly today: I went to brew my Keurig coffee and forgot to put my cup underneath Sad

Hoping I can get a few miles in on the TM tonight and get some core work done as well.

LRB

Mornin' Peepsters!

Ran a little race yesterday so I'm switching my days off from yesterday to today.

Here's some vitals:

Congrats Flo!  28th, 8th and 1st is a nice day at the office I'd say!

I would love to score an age group win in a half marathon so color me impressed!

runmomto3boys

Mornin' Peepsters!

Here's some vitals:

Congratulations on a great race!!!  You were darn close to your goal time and are, clearly, one fast lady!!!!  Nicely done!!!

Recovery run tonight. I'm definitely running fewer than my usual 8 miles to give my legs a bit of a break.