Beginners and Beyond

Ice Age Trail 50K (partial) - RR (Read 102 times)

LRB

Meeting a new forumite reminded me how much I have missed hanging out on the running forums! 

Do you run with YPOM?

LRB

While past years at NC 24 have included a lot of rain and even some hail, September in Cleveland is a crap shoot and we could have hot, sunny weather so I want to be prepared.

Yeah I think the last thing anyone wants to see there is a repeat of the past couple of years weather-wise.  The thought of coming there just to hangout actually crossed my mind.  Someday maybe...

StepbyStep-SH

I'm sorry your introduction to Wisconsin running was not very pleasant, though I'm sure the Wisconsin (and Chicago) runner treated you well!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Sorry it was a rough day, George.

Good to see that you're looking forward to future races and still had a pleasant time meeting forumites.

If you had told me to look for a brindle dog, I'd have asked you what color it is Smile.

LRB

If you had told me to look for a brindle dog, I'd have asked you what color it is Smile.

lol

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Sorry the heat got to you, George, and surely not the way you wanted your race to go.  Glad you got through it okay.   7 hours in the ER getting tests, etc, that's scary.  Glad everything was found to be normal for you, altho it's kind of scary too that there is no explanation for what happened.  Panic attack, maybe, about your upcoming race?  It happens sometimes. Anyway, keep monitoring yourself and stay safe!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Ms Chenandler Bong

Oh George, I'm sorry your race didn't turn out as you had hoped but it sounds like you made the right and smart choice for you.  Wouldn't it be nice to run in constant shade???

I hope you're able to figure out a way to keep cooler.

Marathon and ultra marathon runner.  Sour Patch Kid addict.

Zelanie

Glad you got back safely, and look forward to your next one!