Beginners and Beyond

Crazy Question (Read 77 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Okay, this bugs me a lot because it happens more now since I've been running more and more. Out of nowhere I'll see a bruise on my legs, normally my quads or calves - ranging from light "brown" bruise to the bluish kind but it doesn't really hurt when I press on them. What the hell? Does anybody else get this crap, I don't remember ever having these issues before running. About a few days ago one appeared on my right quad, on the outside and then just this morning I noticed another one just above it after my run. Normally the muscles that are most sore for me are my quads and calves.. could that have anything to do with it or is my son abusing me? He crawls all over me, steps on my legs, falls on my legs, puts all his 30 lb weight on them in various spots, especially my shins which will occasionally have a bruise on them. Sad and my DH is having a field day making fun of me (he likes to think that us runners go out and have huge orgies.... especially during trail races).

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Stop having rough sex. 

Seriously, I've never had that issue.  I bruise easily so I am always bruised whenever I run over doorknobs and shit, but never from running.  Don't you run on trails?  Maybe you're bruising from trees and shrubs?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

happylily

No idea, Andrea. I've never had that. If the only thing you can think of is your little boy climbing on you, then my guess is that it must be that. You are fair skinned and any little bruise would show quite clearly on you. The kids I work with are always walking on or hitting my toes and it hurts an awful lot. Kids are dangerous. 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I don't run on enough trails, and I don't run into things on trails. I found this article: http://www.md-health.com/Unexplained-Bruising-On-Legs.html

Sad thing is, a bruise can appear days after injuring the spot. But it can also be from old injuries or tears - blah blah blah. I just wish I knew so I could shut DH up about his jokes.

Stop having rough sex. 

Seriously, I've never had that issue.  I bruise easily so I am always bruised whenever I run over doorknobs and shit, but never from running.  Don't you run on trails?  Maybe you're bruising from trees and shrubs?

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Lol, it is strange that my legs are the only things that bruise easily. DH says I have poor circulation because my feet are always freezing cold, even after having socks on..... I call bullshit every time because I don't want to think that something is wrong with me.

No idea, Andrea. I've never had that. If the only thing you can think of is your little boy climbing on you, then my guess is that it must be that. You are fair skinned and any little bruise would show quite clearly on you. The kids I work with are always walking on or hitting my toes and it hurts an awful lot. Kids are dangerous. 

PRs

PADRunner

I get them all the time but I'm on blood thinners and aspirin.

I also get red knees after a long run or hard workout. I've read seen that is possibly from bursitis, tendonitis or some other itis of the day.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Overly agressive foam rolling?

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I think the last foam rolling was like 3 weeks ago.....

PRs

LRB

I got nothing yo, except to agree with the thread title. 

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Lol, I think I've figured it out..... and my DH and son are to blame Smile

I got nothing yo, except to agree with the thread title. 

PRs

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Lol, I think I've figured it out..... and my DH and son are to blame Smile

Well?  Are you going to share that with us?  We're dying of curiosity, besides being nosey.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Lol, well it's not really sexual  DH and I rough house a lot, it's our flirting/foreplay throughout the day either at the shop or home and I always end up running into something trying to get away from him. Yesterday morning while wrestling around in the kitchen, my hip bumped a drawer handle really hard so I am expecting a bruise there in a couple of days.

My son, well he thinks I am a mountain or jungle gym for him to climb all over  and 30 lbs in one spot can be pretty painful, especially if he decides he's going to drop bottom on my stomach/chest - he'll stand with his back to my stomach and then either lift up or jump just a bit before falling butt first right into my stomach or ribs......... it can hurt.

Well?  Are you going to share that with us?  We're dying of curiosity, besides being nosey.

PRs

catwhoorg

Labrat

I get a lot of bruises from Abigail. She really doesn't know her own strength. Today though its carpet burns, from being ridden round and round whilst she wore a blankie as a Princess cape.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

happylily

I get a lot of bruises from Abigail. She really doesn't know her own strength. Today though its carpet burns, from being ridden round and round whilst she wore a blankie as a Princess cape.

Princess Abigail. 

That sounds like a workout in itself!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

catwhoorg

Labrat

It was. But as the weather was bad today, I will take anything I can get.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18